PROJECT: Technical Assistance Facility for the Lebanese Private Sector
JOB TITLE: Project Administrative Officer / Team Assistant
PLACE OF POSTING: Beirut, Lebanon
INDICATIVE STARTING DATE: August 2020
INDICATIVE DURATION OF THE ASSIGNMENT: up to 24 months
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: 13th July 2020
Human Dynamics has been recently awarded the European Union (EU)-funded Technical Assistance Facility for the Lebanese private sector Project aimed at expanding and diversifying private sector in Lebanon. We are currently looking for a Project Administrative Officer / Team Assistant based in Beirut. The office will have two permanent key experts with short-term experts visiting regularly.
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE ROLE: The Project Officer will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the project office, providing support for project finance management and administration and organisational/logistical support to the Project and its team of experts. The Officer would also have a strong role in the communications of the project, managing information dissemination and project events such as workshops, seminars etc.
Administrative support for the day-to-day efficient operation of the project, including the following:
- Project Data and Financial Recording and Management;
- Supporting the key experts organising meetings and dealings with local stakeholders including translation when necessary ;
- Support Finance and accounting of local project expenses and be the main cooperation link with the headquarters administrative team ;
- Support logistics for meetings and events;
- Procurement of office supplies
- Other tasks as assigned by the project team leader
QUALIFICATIONS, KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accountancy or other relevant subject, or relevant vocational education
- Preferably 5 years, at least 3 years, of professional experience as Project/Finance/Administration Officer after graduation.
- Experience in working in an international/multi-cultural environment
- Demonstrated skills in IT and communication
- Experience with procurement, travel logistics and/or event management
- Excellent writing skills in English and good knowledge of Arabic
- Advanced level of MS Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Experience of working with EU-funded projects or with other major international donors-funded projects is a strong asset
All applications received after the deadline (13.07.2020) will not be considered. Please note that only short-listed candidates will receive an answer. Interviews with short-listed candidates will take place indicatively between 20th and 24th July 2020.