We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate, and take positive steps to create an inclusive culture.
- Identify who will hold overall accountability for the performance and strategic direction, technical oversight of the programme.
- Team Leadership have (or demonstrate an ability to acquire) credibility with the Government of India and have a proven track record of strategic thinking and steering large scale programmes.
- Excellent Programme Management, including on financial management, contract management, risk management and effective reporting and M&E to ensure timely delivery of the programme objectives, including the below skills/services.
Cross cutting advice and expertise (incl. Gender and Inclusion)
- Knowledge, skills, expertise & experience to ensure a people-centred approach & Gender Equality Act compliance.
- Ability to support gender equality and women’s economic empowerment with a particular understanding of the gender dimensions of urban Cross-cutting technical expertise in governance, social development, economics, private sector, climate resilience.
- Develop and deliver a robust communication plan matched to key stakeholders, for ensuring visibility of the programme, enabling easy access to information, including for reactive communications about the programme and communicating results.
Budget and financial management
- Provide excellent financial management in line with requirements
- Ensure that FCO is kept well informed about potential risks and matters of concern to the programme, and that there is a clear and proportionate risk management strategy in place including a regularly updated Risk Matrix to ensure that the programme remains on track to deliver against its stated objectives.
Coordination with other major programmes/initiatives
- Map others donor support, build links and consider ways of ensuring additionally of the programme to maximise outputs, including by organising donor coordination meetings, considering joint programming and potential pooling of resources.
- Substantial expertise and experience in urban development at central and state levels. It will also include expertise and experience in Indian central and state government departments on building capacity