UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
UN Women supports UN Member States as they set global standards for achieving gender equality, and works with governments and civil society to design laws, policies, programmes and services needed to ensure that the standards are effectively implemented. UN Women priority areas focus on:
The UN Women Regional Office for the Americas and the Caribbean is based in Panama and provides support to Programme Presence Offices, PPOs (Chile, Uruguay, Dominican Republic and Honduras) Multi-country Office, MCO (Barbados) and Country Offices (Cos) across the region (Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Mexico and Paraguay). The Regional Office serves as liaison with government counterparts and strategic partners from all sectors including Civil Society Organizations across the region to implement UN Women’s mandate through normative frameworks, the UN System Coordination and the Programme implementation.
Reporting to the Deputy Regional Director, the Programme Associate works with and provides support to the members of the Programme Team in the development and implementation of effective programmes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. S/he contributes to research, financial management, and programme implementation including providing necessary operational, administrative and programmatic support. The Programme Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and projects’ staff in the RO, PPO’s, MCO, CO and UN Women HQs as required for resolving complex finance-related issues and exchange of information.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide administrative and logistical support to the formulation and management of programmes
2. Provide administrative support to the financial management of the Programme Unit
3. Provide administrative support to the Programme Unit
4. Provide administrative support to Resource Mobilization
Required Skills and Experience
Education and certification:
• Completion of secondary education required.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economic Sciences, Business or Public Administration is an asset.
• At least 6 years of progressively responsible experience in administration or programme management/support;
• Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages;
• Experience in the use of ATLAS is an asset;
• Experience in supporting a team.
• Fluency in English and Spanish is required
• Knowledge of French and/or Portuguese is an asset.
Applications consists of one attachment that include a completed and signed, UN Women Personal History Form (P11) together with an updated CV. Applications without the completed P11 form will be treated as incomplete and will not be considered for further assessment. Please combine all your documents into one (1) single PDF document as the system only allows to upload maximum one document. The electronic version of the P11 can be downloaded from the following website: http://www.unwomen.org/en/about-us/employment.
UN Women is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
If you are experiencing difficulties with online job applications, please contact email@example.com.
Note 2: Only short-listed qualified candidates will be contacted.
|Closing date:||July 14, 2019|