Over the last few years, starting with structural changes in client management tools and the introduction of digital health systems, m2m overhauled its entire routine SI system that drives programme performance management. In order to drive optimal access to, and utilisation of m2m digital data among a broad range of internal stakeholders, m2m is looking to employ a full time Programme Analytics Specialist. The purpose of this position is to support m2m’s Strategic Information function, situated within the Department of Programmes and Technical Support, through managing data and facilitating data access across multiple data sources and platforms; and through conducting data analytics and modelling as well as reporting & data utilisation, for improved programme management and optimal client outcomes.
Key Performance Areas:
Programme Performance Analytics:
- Lead the conceptualisation of an integrated data driven approach for Programme Performance Management and Programme Innovation / Expansion (Programme Analytics) in collaboration with Senior Technical Advisors (STAs) and Country Teams.
- Construct relevant data base(s) from multiple internal and external sources, including undertaking pre-processing of structured and unstructured data.
- Collaborate with Senior Technical Advisors and programme development / in-country programme management teams to improve programme delivery for optimal client outcomes and impact.
Develop and perform bespoke data mining, wrangling & exploration:
- Lead the development of predictive models and machine-learning algorithms; combine models through ensemble modelling.
- Co-Lead routine updating & automation for ETL and EDA processes, including monthly reporting, BIO reporting and CQI analyses
- Use critical data analytics and investigative skills, as well as an ability to communicate findings, to mine vast amounts of data for insightful programme performance management insights, identification of programmatic innovation and new implementation opportunities.
Lead Data Demand & Utilization automation including data visualizations & feedback automation:
- Provide / communicate the evidence base and illustrate data driven solutions and strategies to manage programme enhancement challenges, using advanced data visualization techniques.
- Provide / communicate the evidence base for new programme development opportunities (including geographic expansion opportunities and gap analyses) using advanced data visualization techniques.
- Present (and automate appropriately) routine and ad hoc programme performance monitoring information and operations research outputs (RSI outputs) using advanced data visualization techniques, tailored for multiple internal and external stakeholder groups.
Support DPTS team in operations & evaluations research for informed decision-making:
- In collaboration with the Evaluation and Operations Research Specialist and Strategic Information Lead, lead the analysis of large amounts of information to discover trends and patterns; sift and analyse data from multiple angles, looking for trends that highlight programmatic realities, problems or opportunities.
- Automate data access processes for internal Operations Research, Evaluation and Routine SI Reporting purposes.
- Analyse data to evaluate programme impact over time in terms of changes in attitudes, perceptions, behaviours and health outcomes.
- Liaise with relevant internal m2m stakeholders in support of optimal communication and utilisation of Programme Analytics outputs to strengthen m2m’s organisational profile and competitiveness.
Administration and data quality assurance:
- Keep a re-useable and clearly documented process for all data analytics and software used for decision-making.
- Ensure all data element code is aligned with guidelines and data quality metrics are improved to better outputs.
- Support maintenance of data products and presenting ad-hoc findings to DPTS.