PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a program surveillance officer in Senegal to support a potential CDC-funded program entitled “Global Health Security Partner Enhancement: Expanding Efforts to Improve Surveillance and Laboratory Data Interoperability in Senegal.” The project goal is to improve Senegal’s capacity to manage infectious disease outbreaks by establishing a single database platform to manage surveillance data and laboratory test results within DHIS2. The program surveillance officer will also support with other projects in the PATH Health Systems Innovation and Delivery portfolio.
The program surveillance officer will work closely with the PATH Senegal and global teams and in collaboration with donors as well as national and international project partners to coordinate, facilitate and implement the day-to-day project activities with the Senegal Ministry of Health Directorate of Laboratories and health system stakeholders to establish linkages between surveillance data and laboratory test results within DHIS2, support the integration of vertical disease sub systems into DHIS2, improve the quality of existing data in DHIS2, and build capacities at health care and laboratory facilities on effective use of DHIS2 for data analysis.
This position will be based in Senegal under the supervision and direction of the project director with additional guidance and support from PATH global technical experts in global health security, digital health, diagnostics, and monitoring and evaluation.
Key responsibilities include:
- Collaborate with health officials from relevant departments of the Ministry of Health and Social Action, specifically the Directorate of Laboratories and the Directorate of Planning, Research and Statistics, and national institutions for project implementation.
- Provide technical assistance to project partners for activity implementation.
- Identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation.
- In coordination with other project staff, provide support for preparation and implementation of Technical Working Group activities related to the project work plan.
- In collaboration with other project staff, provide technical assistance to strengthen the quality, accuracy, completeness and timeliness of reporting into the national reporting databases such as DHIS2.
- Coordinate with the project team on laboratory information system strengthening activities.
- Represent PATH and the project on national technical working groups and maintain contacts with other organizations engaged in the Global Health Security Program activities.
- Support project team members with monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Contribute to preparing reports to CDC and PATH headquarters.
- Participate in data quality assurance activities.
- Participate in other projects related to the Global Health Security Portfolio as needed.
- Any other duties assigned by the line manager.