CARE Mozambique seeks a TDY Program Support Manager (PS Manager) driven by integrity and passion to provide leadership and direction for CARE Mozambique program support functions as part of the ongoing CARE CAT 4 emergency response program and in line with the CO business plan. During the TDY, the PS Manager will work closely with the Country Director, ACD-P and Interim Finance & Admin Director to develop effective, efficient and results driven Program Support team, including smooth functioning of Administration, IT, Procurement and Logistics functions in CARE Mozambique offices, especially in Maputo. The PS Manager is expected to strengthen the integration of Program Support with program by working closely with the emergency program response team in Beira (Sofala Province). The PS Manager fosters a values-based organizational culture, ensuring good internal controls and conscientious stewardship of organization resources. S/he will promote a performance-based culture ensuring performance management systems are in place and functional in the PS team. The position is based in Maputo.
- Ensure that CARE has the appropriate staffing structures, management systems, and support systems to implement high quality programming as part of the ongoing emergency response; work closely and manage the administration or logistics focal point person in designated field locations to ensure that support systems and structures are in place and compliant with relevant internal and external policies and procedures; provide programs support during emergency scale-up to ensure field office set up is done in an efficient and effective manner coordination of functional units budgets in line with agreed plans; ensures CO compliance with donor rules and regulations in all PS functions; actively work with Finance team and Internal Auditor in the preparedness for audits
- Supports in CO response to audit findings as well as planning and implementing audit recommendations; maintain regular contact with the appropriate units in CARE regional team in order to facilitate the process of obtaining appropriate assistance when local knowledge is insufficient to solve a problem
- Develop and organize activities of Program Support Department to provide timely and effective support to CO program to ensure objectives are met (with primary focus on the ongoing emergency response)
- Lead business process improvements for the CO Program Support department to bring efficiency and effectiveness to the CO
- Ensure that there is a coherence in the support provided between all office locations
- Mange the Program Support budget ensuring compliance with donor requirement thus totally responsible and accountable for that budget
- Bachelor’s degree in management, logistic or related field
- At least four (4) leadership and management work experience in a large and complex INGO or organization in emergency context
- Broad experience in all dimensions of Programs Support (Procurement and Logistics, Administration, IT)
- Fluency in English language and written communication. Desired: Portuguese, Spanish, Italian language skills
- Excellent skills in the use of computers (MS Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Familiar with CARE policies and procedures
- Demonstrated leadership ability to inspire and empower others
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies.
- Strong initiative and self-motivated, with a strong commitment to teamwork and humanitarian principles
- Firm belief in teamwork, gender equality, transparent and participatory management.