Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, governance and post-crisis stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries
with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and
The Program Specialist, Stabilization and Development (S&D), will provide day-to-day backstopping to Department of State funded high volume projects located in active conflict environments, plus manage implementation of other projects in the S&D Practice
Area. The Program Specialist will work closely with program support staff in CIT and other Divisions, as well as with field team members. Additionally, the Program Specialist will execute administrative activies and decisions; plus contribute technical program
design and implementation. The Program Specialist will also assist and lead various business development initiatives.
The Program Specialist will report to the Management Associate within the Stabilization and Development Practice Area.
- Assist field teams and manage implementation of Stabilization and Development projects;
- Perform creation, tracking and monitoring functions for project procurement of materials and services;
- Process invoicing and payment documentation in accordance with US government regulations and Creative policies.
- Provides daily technical, financial and administrative backstopping and solutions to the field project team;
- Reviews and processes project documentation including invoices, and ensures transaction compliance;
- Manages consultants by developing and monitoring agreements, coordinating travel and facilitating payments;
- Maintains working knowledge of company administrative, financial systems, and operating procedures, including Creative’s project management systems (i.e. ReQLogic, SharePoint etc.);
- Interfaces with various divisions within Creative to support field operations;
- Acquires strong knowledge of contract requirements, deliverables and budgets and manages files;
- Conducts supplementary research in support of project activities; and
- Oversees communications, meetings, requests and deliverables to the Client.
- Supports business development efforts, such as creating collaboration tools, preparing consultant agreements and payments, and developing budgets for capture efforts;
- Conducts research efforts in support of capture opportunities;
- Travels on information gathering trips with team, as needed.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree required, in a relevant area such as political science or international relations;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Excellent communication and analytical skills;
- Strong organizational and administrative skills;
- Ability to work well in a team environment as well as independently
- Ability to multi-task under tight deadlines; and
- Comprehensive knowledge of Microsoft programs (excel, power point, MS project, etc).
- Able and willing to travel internationally up to 10% of time.
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- 1-2 years of prior work experience, especially in international development;
- Arabic language proficiency preferred;
- Previous project backstopping experience, for US or other government funded projects;
- Prior experience in international development, ideally in a donor-funded project setting;
- Demonstrated ability to develop and monitor program and proposal budgets.
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.