ICF is looking for an International Research Program Specialist to join our team to supports projects around the world working with development organizations, governments, and their beneficiaries to design, monitor, and evaluate complex multi-sectoral programs. The International Research Program Specialist will provide administrative, financial, technical, and program support services to several international projects and activities. This position will be located in ICF’s Rockville office (once it is safe to reopen offices due to Covid-19.)
This position is intended to serve dual functions: administrative and financial support on one hand and program technical and program support on the other. It requires the ability to regularly facilitate administrative support functions within the established policy and to provide program support at the request of respective project managers. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Support project managers in procurement of goods and services working with procurement units
- Support project managers in invoice processing
- Schedule and coordinate staff and other meetings
- Perform data collection via computer research, literature reviews and background search in support of project activities
- Assist with data, document, report and presentation preparation
- Perform quality assurance checks on client deliverables including data, reports, and presentations
- Prepare draft sections of deliverables such as project quarterly reports, technical presentations and client write-ups
- Liaise with globally dispersed teams to facilitate progress on project milestones and client deliverables
- Organize and manage online projects resource repositories using tools such as GitHub, WiKi, GoogleDocs, Slack, Jira, Confluence, ZenDesk, Office365
- Assist with internal and external meeting management tasks such as logistics, notetaking, and material preparation
- Support business proposal development activities as requested
- Maintain confidential project documentation in the correct location.
- Independently take meeting notes on technical project calls with action items and task assignments for distribution
- Bachelor’s degree in public health, international development, health informatics, economics, social sciences, or finance.
- At least 1 year experience as a program assistant, project coordinator or office administrator
- Expertise in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and Skype
- Expertise in creating Microsoft PowerPoint presentations as well as creating professional looking client deliverables
- Ability to develop innovative ways to learn quickly and incorporate public health knowledge in a rapid-paced, highly matrixed work environment
- Strong writing, interpersonal and oral communication skills are important, since program associates must interact with personnel at all levels within the organization
- More than 2 years’ experience as a program assistant, project coordinator or office administrator
- Demonstrated commitment to international development objectives
- French language proficiency, other languages
- Master’s degree in public health, international development, health informatics, economics, social sciences, or finance.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth.
We can only solve the world’s toughest challenges by building an inclusive workplace that allows everyone to thrive. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to hiring regardless of any protected characteristic, such as race, ethnicity, national origin, color, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability status, or military/veteran status. Together, our employees are empowered to share their expertise and collaborate with others to achieve personal and professional goals. For more information, please read our EEO & AA policy.
COVID-19 Policy: New or prospective U.S. employees must provide proof of complete vaccination on the date of their commencement of employment. If selected for employment, you will provide proof of your full vaccination status, defined as vaccinated two weeks after receiving the requisite number of doses of a COVID-19 vaccine approved or authorized for emergency use by the FDA.
Reasonable Accommodations are available, including, but not limited to, for disabled veterans, individuals with disabilities, and individuals with sincerely held religious beliefs, in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email email@example.com and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Rockville, MD (MD18)