The Program Specialist is responsible for a range of administrative functions to ensure all Kansas Office for Refugee (KSOR) activities move forward as effectively and efficiently as possible. This position reports to the Statewide Coordinator of Refugee Services.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Responsible for administrative and logistical support to office.
· Respond to day-to-day communications on general KSOR issues; triage client concerns brought to KSOR.
· Procure office supplies, equipment, and materials for office; monitor and track office inventory.
· Review invoices from vendors and subgrantees and complete payment vouchers with the exact coding.
· Provide travel, administrative, and meeting support to the KSOR staff
· Coordinate with the Statewide Refugee Coordinator to support the writing, editing, and submission of proposals, reports, agreements and to facilitate all other regional administrative activities, as designated
· Provide support on the development of funding proposals and sub agreements
· Maintain grant and sub agreement files for Statewide Coordinator
· Organize all aspects of logistics for meetings, trainings and conferences;
· Facilitate all statewide administrative activities, as designated
· Ensure all HR paperwork is properly completed for new and departing staff, interns and volunteers.
· Assist in roll-out of state-wide initiatives.
· Assist with security-related issues, as needed; organize and conduct fire and safety drills; update and maintain the Safety and Security plan and the Office Contingency plan.
· Assist with finance activities as requested, including monthly billing, tracking and reimbursements.
· Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
· Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
· 2+ years administrative experience
· Prior experiences working in employment or skills training programs strongly preferred
· Prior experience in refugee services strongly preferred
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Proven ability to work as a team member in a cross-cultural environment.
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively.
- Ability to effectively work with a variety of community partners through telephone, email and other correspondence.
- Solid computer skills: facility with MS office suite (Word, Excel, etc.) and email/internet software required.