PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, finance, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s Center for Vaccine Innovation and Access (CVIA) brings together our expertise across every stage of the long and complex process of vaccine research, development, and delivery to make lifesaving vaccines widely available to children and communities across the world. CVIA’s current portfolio encompasses more than two dozen vaccines either in development or already in use to protect against 15 different diseases. Our focus is on vaccines to address the leading diseases that claim children’s lives worldwide: pneumonia, diarrheal disease, and malaria; as well as other global health priorities, such as polio and meningitis. We work in partnership with national health ministries, pharmaceutical manufacturers, donors, international financing and regulatory organizations, and many others. PATH has led numerous global partnerships, including the award-winning Meningitis Vaccine Project and the Malaria Vaccine Initiative, which helped develop the first malaria vaccine candidate recommended for pilot implementation.
Policy, Access, and Introduction (PAI) supports the integration of vaccines for public health impact and disease control in developing countries. We focus on activities that facilitate vaccine introduction and widespread use in national immunization programs, such as determining disease burden, conducting clinical trials, establishing the health economics of vaccine use, raising awareness of disease burden and the impact of vaccination, increasing availability of technologies through licensing and commercialization, and advocating for appropriate policies. In addition, we implement activities that improve the accessibility of high-quality immunization services, including training, supervision, health information systems, and immunization safety, logistics, and communications.
PAI is currently recruiting for a Program Officer to support vaccine implementation and system strengthening programs in Ghana. The person in this position will provide technical assistance to PATH colleagues, the Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders to advance a portfolio of vaccine introduction-related projects including malaria, COVID-19, typhoid, and human papilloma virus.
- Liaise with the project team and partners to ensure the successful implementation of project activities, including creating work plans, budgeting, and reporting.
- Work closely with the relevant stakeholders, including MOH, universities, NGOs, civil society, private sector partners, etc.
- Provide regular reports and updates as directed by supervising Senior Program Officer and other staff to key stakeholders on PAI projects.
- Facilitate trainings and organize key events and meetings.
- Provide technical support for project activities, monitoring, reporting, evaluation, and documentation in a timely manner.
- Assist with other programmatic and administrative duties as required for successful implementation of PAI program activities.
- Travel in country as needed for completion of activities.