PATH is seeking a Program Officer for Senegal who will be responsible for day-to-day country-level oversight of PATH-led activities. Under the guidance and supervision of the Country Team Lead, he/she will work closely with the Project team in Senegal office and the staff in PATH Headquarters to support for the implementation activities of the project.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Tools for Integrated Management of Childhood Illness (TIMCI) is a global effort led by PATH to accelerate availability, adoption and scale-up of tools to identify severe illness and decrease mortality in children under five years of age. PATH and its primary partner, the Swiss Tropical and Public Health Institute (Swiss TPH), will implement a four-year project funded by Unitaid. TIMCI has two major goals that both seek to improve detection of severe disease in children under five: 1) to improve healthcare workers’ ability to diagnose severe disease by equipping them with pulse oximeters (POX) and electronic decision support tools; and 2) to accelerate the development and market entry of non-invasive devices that augment the features of a standard POX with one or more additional vital sign measurements. This high profile and potentially high impact project will begin in July 2019 and will take place in five countries: Kenya, Myanmar, Senegal, Tanzania, and the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh.
- Support the Team Lead in tracking the project schedule and work plan including activities, reporting requirements and deliverables;
- Responsible for driving progress, monitoring project activities, and performing routine progress reporting to project information systems;
- Actively engage with PATH staff, country partners, MoH related departments and other key stakeholders to gain alignment and ensure high quality delivery of project outputs;
- Assist the development of an operational and monitoring and evaluation plans, coordinating data collection with partners and internal teams;
- Collect information to inform program implementation by designing and conducting desk research, stakeholder interviews, and facility assessments;
- Assist the development of an operational monitoring and evaluation plan, coordinating data collection with partners and internal teams;
- Set up data collection systems for routine project monitoring and performance measurement;
- Collect and consolidate data for quarterly/ annual reports;
- Conducts data quality audits, spot checks, and assessments to ensure fidelity in implementation;
- Ensure M&E activities are integrated in project work plans and budgets and conduct results analysis;
- Assist in advocacy efforts to integrate project learnings into policy and guidelines
- Work collaboratively to ensure proper planning, logistics, scheduling in support of workshops and other meetings such as kickoffs, Technical Working Groups, policy or strategy sessions, and trainings;
- Coordinate and resolve issues as they arise, in consultation with PATH team, to assure effective implementation activities;
- Other tasks as required by Country Team Lead.