PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Officer, Varanasi Location.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges casinos in österreich. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is implementing the project to ‘Institutionalize Sustainable Private Sector Engagement Models in India’ in priority states of Uttar Pradesh and Maharashtra.
About the project
India has committed to End TB by 2025. The National Strategic Plan for TB Elimination 2017-25 recognizes private sector engagement as an important pillar in TB elimination efforts. Towards this objective PATH provides Technical Assistance (TA) to key states – Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh, by working closely with the respective State and Districts Tuberculosis Office(s) and the WHO-RNTCP network. The TA is primarily directed towards improving government capacity to engage and contract with the (for-profit and not-for-profit) private sector, ensuring program benefits such as Treatment Adherence support, Fixed Drug Combinations and DBT under Nikshay Poshan Yojana reach to private sector patients.
The project is looking for 5 Program Officer(s) to be based at the Regional Tuberculosis Control Program Management Unit (RTPMU) at Varanasi, Agra, Bareilly, Varanasi & Lucknow.
The position requires to undertake intensive field visits- spending at-least two to three weeks per month in field- to provide technical support to sub-district staff in allotted districts and feedback to the State team on implementation progress.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Lead the monitoring and evaluation activities on behalf of RNTCP (for both public and private sector) for the allotted geographies including supportive supervision and data validation
- Support capacity building efforts of contracted private partners and monitor their progress against the set targets
- Support districts and divisions in analysis of DBT payments and help in mitigating challenges in implementation of Nikshay Poshan Yojana
- Strengthen feedback on implementation through regular visits to allotted districts and facilitate capacity building of RNTCP staff and private sector partners on optimal utilization of Nikshay
- Develop dashboards to showcase performance of public and private partners on key indicators (e.g. Treatment adherence, access to FDCs in private sector)
- Ensure that Nikshay project reports are up-to date by regular supervision of data collection, reporting and monitor data quality in Nikshay
- Support in documentation of various innovative measures taken by the government for TB elimination
- Provide inputs for developing projects to be proposed in the National Health Mission Program Implementation Plan (PIP)
- Coordinate closely with WHO-RNTCP consultants and establish a seamless working relationship
- Support any other need-based tasks as requested by the government, program and M&E team