* NOTE * This position is on a third party payroll (Randstad) for 18 months
This position is contingent upon donor approval
PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Officer – Policy/Regulations for HIV for the India Country Program.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms-vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations-that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, immunization, HIV/AIDS, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
PATH is seeking Program Officer – Policy/Regulations for HIV to understand regulatory and policy requirements, compliance by HIVST manufacturing companies and support NACO to develop and/or amend guidelines for HIVST in India.
- Research the different diagnostic regulatory process per NACO guidelines, including identifying national and international performance standards
- Identify investigational device regulations, processes, and import controls for India
- Provide recommendations and guidance for regulation and registration of diagnostics
- Coordinate and lead meetings with key stakeholders in NACO including regulatory governing bodies, manufacturers, and national and global HIV testing policy/decision-makers and understand WHO and NACO guidelines and customer practices for HIVST
- Ensure that a company’s products comply for HIVST with the regulations in India
- Coordinate and lead meetings with key stakeholders, including regulatory governing bodies, manufacturers, and national and global HIV testing policy/decision-makers. Work with regulatory authorities to clarify and support the set-up of regulatory systems for HIVST products
- Prepare reports for the project and external stakeholders
- Conduct audit visits for HIVST product licenses and license renewals
- Monitor license variations and renewal approvals on behalf of NACO