PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Officer to support implementation of NCD project.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. Working in Vietnam since the early 1980s, PATH established a permanent office in Hanoi in 1997 and an office in Ho Chi Minh City in 2014.
PATH is implementing the Transforming the Non-communicable Disease (NCD) Response to support the Vietnam Ministry of Health to control and prevent NCDs by strengthening the PHC system in alignment with the MOH targets of 95 percent of CHSs performing prevention, management, and treatment of HTN and diabetes by 2025.
The program officer will report to Technical Director and work closely with PATH HQ and Vietnam team, and country collaborators to execute high quality programming. Our partners include but are not limited to the Ministry of Health, national NCD program, provincial partners, private sector, and other related international/national agencies.
- Provide technical assistance, planning, coordination and monitoring for project activity implementation and management, and quality assurance to ensure all technical aspects.
- Lead implementation, monitoring and supportive supervision of project activities at the assigned project provinces. This includes developing and implementing a detailed quarterly workplan and budget that aligns with the annual project workplan and budget.
- Work closely with technical director and senior program officer to:
- Development of technical guidance/documents/training curriculum for NCD Program with focus to people centered and community based integrated care model for NCD, specifically for hypertension and diabetes.
- Provide inputs, coordinate and oversee the implementation of project and service delivery related standard operating procedures (SOPs) and related quality assurance plans. This will include the coordination and implementation of supportive supervision checklists and tools to improve quality of care.
- Oversee project trainings, provide support and coordinate in mentoring and other capacity strengthening efforts.
- Manage, oversee and work with consultants and subcontractors.
- Identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of work plan activities.
- Provide technical inputs and assistance for the implementation of communication strategies, activities, behavior change interventions.
- Support and oversee the application of the routine monitoring system, guidelines, job aids and tools to collect and track regular data to inform the progress of project implementation, the direction of the project, and data uses.
- Work with M&E senior officer and partners to support in capacity building and the implementation of routine M&E, including quality data assurance and management.
- Develop and maintain an effective coordination with key local stakeholders and partners, including provincial, district, commune health partners, and local authorities regarding project planning and implementation activities.
- Document key project lessons learned and success stories.
- Do other tasks as required by the Program Director and Technical Director.