PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Officer.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH is providing “Technical support to Government of Bihar for campaign with Japanese Encephalitis Vaccination (JEV)in 11 endemic districts” and strengthening JE vaccine in routine immunization. PATH intend to hire a senior program officer who will provide technical support to State health authorities in program planning and implementation activities. This position will report to the Technical Advisor at PATH New Delhi.
- Responsible for providing strategic direction and implementation of project(s) design
- Technical guidance for execution of project(s) strategies and work plan ensuring successful projects in accordance with project deliverables and success criteria
- The Senior Program officer will work in coordination with State Immunization Officer and other relevant government program officers at the State level
- Lead and supervise the project teams comprising of M&E officer, District coordinators, Divisional Coordinator
- Lead and supervise the work undertaken by PATH for its JEV portfolio in the project intervention districts of Bihar
- Work on any other task assigned as per the project requirement by the project lead or supervisor
- Participate in meetings, and other events ensuring that PATH is represented in key Stakeholder conversations locally
- Collaborate with key government health authorities, District Magistrate, Divisional Commissioner and other partners/stakeholders for successful implementation of the JE vaccination campaign and share the progress of activities
- Review of the JEV coverages situation and recommend appropriate strategies before the State Health Society, Bihar (SHSB)
- Regular analysis of vaccine coverage data (district wise) and sharing with district health authorities, partners and project management unit
- Facilitate training of medical officers & paramedical personnel on JE vaccination campaign & strengthening JEV in RI
- Travel extensively to the project blocks/districts to ensure the implementation of the project activities