The Program Officer- Gender and Youth is responsible for ensuring that the program approaches are gender sensitive, transformative and meet the needs of youth. This project will primarily focus on gender and youth inclusion in the Advancing Access to Reliable Information program. This position may be also called upon to provide technical expertise on inclusion in project design on other Bangladesh projects.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for identification of evidence-based Gender and Youth innovations and strategies that can be incorporated into the overall program design. These will be based on a gender analysis performed at the onset of the project.
- Produce high-quality reports based on program data and research findings
- As required, develop practical tools and guides to support program implementation, including engagement in design and use of gender and youth indicators.
- Collect lessons learned and adapt gender and youth initiatives based on feedback from monitoring exercises as well as developing case studies for learning and project communications.
- Coach and mentor project staff to improve their programming and analytical skills, especially through a gender lens.
- Help implement project interventions and build strong networks among youth, religious leaders, key influencers, journalists, and members of civil society.
- Support project managers in other project-related tasks, as required.
- Maintain understanding of gender and youth issues and how they relate to access to information
- Provide expertise and input into Internews’ Global Gender Strategy.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values.
- At least 3 years professional experience working on gender sensitivity and inclusion of marginalized populations in development programming.
- Experience working on USAID-funded projects is highly preferred.
- Experience providing regular reporting on program activities and achievements
- Experience working on media development and/or humanitarian programs
- Sensitivity to cross-cultural dynamics in the workplace and experience providing technical support to a cross-section of staff and local partners.
- Fluency in English required; Fluency in Bangla, Chittagonian dialect or Rohingya preferred
- Strong report writing, analytical and communication skills are essential. Excellent English writing skills of publishable quality required.
- Must be self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible
- Ability to work independently, efficiently and reliably, to a high standard and to deadline.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in social science, development, or related field or equivalent standard of education