CARE is seeking a Program Officer, Design & Innovation to support the mission of CARE’s Scale x Design (SxD) Accelerator. The SxD accelerator primary goal is to reduce the time it normally takes for development sector approaches to blossom from an idea to a verified practice that improves millions of lives. The Program Officer will be the main support position and will report to the SxD Accelerator Director, but work closely with all team members in the office of the Chief Innovation Officer.
- Work with the Director SxD Accelerator to create project management plans to run multiple accelerator cohorts, elective labs, mentorship programs, etc.
- Ensure master schedule/calendar for accelerator operations is accurate and feasible. Spot potential conflicts/issues and problem solve.
- Ensure accelerator participants, partners, lab facilitators, accelerator staff, etc. are clear on activities, timelines, requirements, their roles, etc. by drafting and sending communications, answering questions, doing check-ins.
- Schedule and run webinars for labs. Ensure smooth operations for participants and facilitators.
- Maintain communications/knowledge sharing platforms where participants can access key documents, recordings and other tools.
- Support teams to connect with resources inside CARE and outside partners/mentors by facilitating introductions, connections, scheduling and setting up calls or webinars.
- With oversight from Director, lead research, design and project management for new communications/knowledge sharing solution to improve ease of project management and improve sharing and communications between accelerator participants.
- Support drafting communications materials as needed. Including – fundraising materials, knowledge management products, blog posts and other external media, and project/donor reporting.
- Bachelor’s Degree, Master’s preferred in global development, social enterprise, business, non-profit management or other relevant fields of study preferred;
- 1-2 years’ experience with international development or social enterprise organizations;
- Experience in knowledge management and communications;
- Experience working in an accelerator or incubator type programs a plus;
- Experience creating on running online platforms for knowledge management and communications;
- Strong facilitation and presentation skills;
- Experience in using ICT, social media, and online communications and project management tools;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Strong organizational capabilities;
- Proficiency in Spanish, French or Arabic a plus