PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Officer.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH began its work in India in the late 1990s, bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems. In early 2000, the scope of our India program expanded with a major immunization initiative for the state of Andhra Pradesh. Today, PATH’s India projects focus on TB, immunization, HIV/AIDS, injection safety, maternal health, and more.
PATH supports the Central Tuberculosis Division (CTD), MoHFW and State Governments in their effort to end TB. Sustainable engagement with the private sector is at the core of PATH’s strategy. In 2019, the CTD released a Guidance Document on Partnerships, which outlines the principles and mechanisms of engaging with the private sector for outreach and services. PATH is looking for a Program Officer who can support and advise the National Health Mission and State TB Cell, Uttar Pradesh in engaging with private-sector entities based on the principles outlined in the revised guidance document. This role working closely with the Mission Director (MD), National Health Mission, Uttar Pradesh, State Health Procurement Cell, State TB Office (STO), the WHO Consultants network close coordination with PATH TB team and various other stakeholders.
This position requires to undertake travel within Uttar Pradesh based on the requirement and to support NHM, if required in the subject matters of procurement/contracting.
- Support the Uttar Pradesh State TB Cell and National Health Mission in identifying the specific areas, which could be outsourced and contracted to private providers
- Design the selection and contracting processes based on the principles outlined by the Central TB Division
- Estimate resources required for contracting and support RNTCP to budget financial resources in the Programme Implementation Plan (PIP) accordingly
- Participate as a member of State Health Mission in the development of new TB projects, project design, procurement plans and prior reviews bidding/request for proposal, bid/technical evaluation reports and contract documents during implementation and post review of contracts
- Prepare and monitor procurement work program and budget allocation for the Patient Provider Support Agencies ( PPSA)
- Coordinate and ensure timely processing of tenders in the Uttar Pradesh e-tender systems
- Support the NHM with technical and procurement detailing during the procurement meetings
- Co-create monitoring and verifications frameworks with the State M&E Officer to assess the progress of implementation
- Develop manuals and mechanisms to on-board the service providers who are selected
- Coordinate with State and implementing agencies to get periodical statements of expenses and make sure timely payments through the Central/State Government on a regular basis
- Coordinate with the State Technical Support Unit (TSU) to ensure compliance to state procurement norms and regulations