Working Title: Program Officer (Consultant
Location: Sitting with MOPH, or utilizing The Rockefeller Foundation regional office (TBD)
PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
PATH’s Digital Square Initiative and The Rockefeller Foundation-funded DRIVE Demand project
Digital Square is a multi-donor co-investment mechanism established by USAID and managed by PATH to coordinate funding of proven digital health solutions for global health impact. Digital Square advances digitally enabled health services to help close the health equity gap by working with governments and country-based technology experts, innovators, and donors to identify investments that ensure long-term success and align with country priorities. As the key implementer of the DRIVE Demand project in six countries, Digital Square will harness its experience in coordination, collaboration, and communication with partners—and experience working via country and regional offices—to increase visibility into how digital tools are being adapted to support COVID-19 vaccination efforts.
Recent data indicate that vaccine demand challenges—structural and behavioral—will continue to hinder uptake among many populations, particularly those who are marginalized or at-risk. Digital Square and The Rockefeller Foundation have designed this project to enable country use of digital tools for impactful results to improve vaccine equity (DRIVE Demand), with the ultimate goal to increase vaccine demand and acceptance rates in six countries. Through this project, DRIVE Demand aims to support iterative, country-driven efforts to increase demand for vaccinations by addressing barriers—such as access, trust, and information—that have been consistently underestimated, misunderstood, and underfunded, while leveraging digital and data tools to drive more effective vaccine interventions to make health systems more proactive.
In Thailand, the Rockefeller Foundation’s DRIVE Demand project has allocated funding through Digital Square to support the Ministry of Public Health (MOPH) to strengthen targeted Social Behavior Change Communication assisted by digital communication channels and reporting tools may help the MOPH to reach communities in select southern provinces and districts where routine immunization rates among children under five years old are low and where COVID-19 vaccination rates are below the national average.
In support of the MOPH, and working in partnership with the DDC Foundation, PATH seeks a local Thai Program Officer for DRIVE Demand Thailand. He/She will support the Technical Program Manager (TPM) who will be embedded with MOPH/DDC via DDC Foundation. As a team, they will work closely across relevant units including Digital Health, Immunization, Epidemiology, MEL, and Health Promotion focal points to support definition and sharing of targeted messages assisted by digital tools and/or systems to drive immunization rates. He/She will support national and sub-national level high-level project coordination for DRIVE Demand, as well as provide oversight for project activities, communication, and MEL.
- Supports the TPM with project administration and project management tasks tracking implementation of project activities.
- Creates, oversees, and updates country workplan and RACI working closely with the TPM, DDCF, PATH, and The Rockefeller Foundation.
- Oversees development of project external communication.
- Supports landscaping, development, and management of various systems analyses and design elements in public health settings in line with project goals and needs.
- Supports tracking of workplan tasks, note-taking and moving forward action items from weekly team calls and monthly meetings with donor, drafting monthly project PowerPoint updates, supports coordination with technical focal points, PADMs and SPAs to confirm that tasks are completed, and contributes to project reporting requirements such as annual reports on time and on budget.
- Works closely with the government, MOH, and other relevant country-based stakeholders and serves as primary country-based relationship manager to ensure buy-in, coordination, and execution of digital health strategies.
- Oversees work of local technology vendors, communication designers, and/or partners working on country-based adaptations/tools (as relevant).
- Supports product development and message adaptation to working closely with SBCC expert, communications / designer, and TPM with guidance from global project PADMs.
- Supports the monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) components and deliverables of the project in partnership with MEL staff and any related research activities in line with PATH and country IRB processes with guidance from Senior MEL Officer (s).
- Coordinates with TPM to ensure alignment to PATH CRDM, standards, and technical compliance.
- Supports discussions with DDC, EPI, Digital Health, and Communication Units and other internal MOH colleagues and partners as appropriate for all project activities, including the development of an evidence-based SBCC strategy and subsequent materials for improved vaccination coverage and uptake in select southern province/s of Thailand.
- Supports project documentation and create opportunities for sharing findings locally and regionally.
- Contributes to country specific literature review to inform development of qualitative interview tools as relevant.
- Supports related monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) in coordination with implementing partner and as aligned to global project SBCC and MEL Frameworks.
- Supports conversations with digital tool ecosystem experts as needed to inform the project.
- Supports project-relevant skill-building for DDC team members and opportunities to develop sustainability planning.
- As requested, contributes to Digital Square project reports and briefings, attend meetings with Digital Square staff based in the US, India, and Vietnam virtually.