PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Officer, UP Kala Azar Program.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH’s project “Technical Support to the Government of Uttar Pradesh for Kala-azar Elimination in Endemic Districts” in eight districts of U.P. The project will hire Program Officer in U.P. for technical support. The Program Officer will be based in Gorakhpur to support the field activities in the affected districts, and will report to the State Team Lead, NTD & M. S/he will be required to coordinate with state / district officials and partners and supervise the field team’s activities.
The specific scope of work would include the following activities:
- Provide high-quality technical and strategic leadership and monitoring throughout project implementation areas.
- Lead and supervise the work undertaken by PATH for its VL portfolio.
- Establish and maintain strong working partnerships with the divisional and district level government officials, all project partners and stakeholders.
- Participate in the development and evolution of the overall PATH India VL portfolio and Strategy in Uttar Pradesh.
- Provide oversight to the program with the Integration of vector borne diseases activities and implementation of a multi-pronged approach for achieving the program goals.
- Work on any other task assigned as per the project requirement by the state team at Lucknow and the project team in Delhi.
- Manage critical relationships with Government and stakeholders, and collaborate with the Divisional Commissioners, Additional Directors, CMOs, and other district officials engaged in Vector borne disease control program.
- Participate in meetings, provide specific and actionable evidences, action points with recommendations for achieving the goal of VL elimination and its sustenance thereafter.
- Review of the disease specific situation and recommend appropriate strategies for the government and other stakeholders.
- Regular analysis of case data (district wise) and sharing with the government, partners and project management unit for mid-course corrective actions.
- Participate in meetings, and other events ensuring that PATH is represented in key Stakeholder conversations locally.
- Raise the profile of the VL elimination program and ensure due importance is given to the program in its planning, implementation and review.
- Provide technical guidance for execution of project (s) strategies and work plans ensuring successful projects in accordance with project deliverables and success criteria.
- Provide guidance and support to the project team on case detection and surveillances.
- Review activities of the project team and implementation of project goals through regular supervisory field visits, desk reviews and lead and supervise the project teams comprising of data manager, district technical officers (DTOs) and block monitors (BMs) of the project.
- Establish links with the treatment centers, private hospitals, tertiary care hospitals, and practitioners managing cases.
- Travel extensively to the affected blocks/districts to ensure the implementation of the project activities.
- Motivated and enthusiastic for leadership, advocacy and establishing good working relations with all stakeholders.
Based on organizational need and programmatic requirements, the position may be relocated anywhere in the country, as and when required.