Burkina Faso, Chad, Northern Cameroon, Mali, Northern Nigeria, Niger
Candidates per Location
Fixed Term of 6 months starting from mid-August 2019 (Renewable annually depending on performance)
TEF Entrepreneurship Program Manager
The Tony Elumelu Foundation founded in 2010, centers on the provision of structured, robust, and multifaceted support to entrepreneurs around Africa through the Tony Elumelu Foundation Entrepreneurship Programme.
The vision for the Foundation is to unlock the obstacles that Africa’s entrepreneurs face as they grow their start-ups into small to medium enterprises (SMEs), their SMEs into national growth companies, and their national growth companies into African multinationals.
Scope of work:
Project Management & Execution
- Create project management controls and templates for finance, communications and programme related events.
- Streamline Entrepreneurship project execution with strategic vision and purpose of the TEF-UNDP Sahel Programme
- Develop proposals for tracking start-ups’ journeys with the Foundation and programme from entry to graduation and beyond.
- Manage the team schedule for project delivery and execution.
- Optimize Programme resources to deliver on time and budget.
- Develop systems for project tracking and reporting (online and offline).
- Leverage expertise, skills, and networks, to provide advisory support to the Executive leadership as required.
- Planning and coordination of programme related activities e.g. trainings (Train -the trainer for partners and actual training for entrepreneurs), mentoring, monitoring, evaluation, and reports
- Manage internal and external stakeholder relationships.
- Liaise with Executive, Partnerships and Alumni offices to deliver on Entrepreneurship programme and provide support for start-ups
- Develop and manage pipeline of programme mentors, ensuring high level of engagement and affinity with the Programme.
- Oversee the work of partners & Trainers in implementing key aspects of the programme to a high standard, and ensure programme KPIs are achieved
- Continuous improvement of Entrepreneurship programme processes and elements, conducting annual review, identifying and executing strategic improvement plans for key programme areas.
- Work with Legal and Compliance teams to identify and mitigate programme risk factors at all stages. Selection and management of key vendors, ensuring alignment with programmatic goals and timelines for executing on strategic elements
- Work with Marketing and Communications team to drive awareness of the programme and achieve strategic goals for each phase from applications to graduation.
- Key Deliverables (please list the expected outcome in detail, i.e. products and/or services)
Project Management & Execution (Week 1 – Week 12):
- Organize application drives in the targeted region, collate and export to Excel the information on the offline application forms where applicable and share with the Foundation.
- Develop the training schedule and reporting template for the trainers. This information will feed into weekly reports that will be shared with the Foundation and UNDP.
- During the Programme, the Program Officer will conduct due diligence by verifying the identity of the entrepreneurs at their weekly trainings. They can provide their identity cards for ease of recognition. He will forward shortlisted names to UBA for the World-Wide background check and verification. He will also review the report from UBA for any flagged applicants and will meet each of the applicants in person to validate their identity to ensure that they do not pose any reputational risks to the Foundation, and to confirm that they are who they say they are in their application forms.
- The entrepreneurs will be monitored to measure the level of engagement and the impact of the offline business training (Startup enterprise toolkit) delivered by the trainers. He will rank all the entrepreneurs based on feedback from the trainers and the top ranked entrepreneurs will be eligible to pitch their business ideas explaining the need/uses for the seed capital.
- To coordinate the disbursement of seed capital ensuring that eligible entrepreneurs are paid. The eligible entrepreneurs will be required to sign an MOU, submit supporting documentation and complete KYC with UBA. A seed capital disbursement report and proof of disbursement must be shared.
Monthly salary of $1500 monthly (Gross)
Key Skills & Qualifications:
- A first degree
- 3 – 5 years of experience working in a related role
- Strong Interpersonal, team-working and effective communication skills are required
- Fluency in English and/or French (for the Francophone countries) is necessary
**Interested applicants applying for this role, should be resident within the specified location. Deadline is the 23rd of August, 2019