The Food, Environment and Health program goal is to develop evidence, innovations, and policies for improved health, healthier food systems, and the prevention of emerging infections and non-communicable diseases. The program’s main priority is the prevention of food-related non-communicable diseases like hypertension, diabetes, and cardiovascular disease. The program is also building strategically on work on preventing and reducing disease risks from tobacco use.
As the Program Management Officer, under the supervision of the Program Leader, you will contribute to the development, operation and support of the program. Your principal responsibilities will include information management, research support, program coordination, monitoring and evaluation, communications, network development and liaising with key internal and external constituents.
• Masters degree in a relevant health or social science discipline such as epidemiology, public health, environmental health, nutrition, food systems, economics or public policy.
This position requires three years of relevant work experience, which includes:
• monitoring and compiling research results; monitoring and supporting project progress and results
• consolidating evidence of progress and impact for project or program evaluation
• building and maintaining partnerships; notably reporting to development agencies
• coordinating and supporting conferences and meetings
• producing various material to communicate research results and policy relevant translation for various audiences (web writing, policy brief, etc)
• working with social media and collaboration software tools
• using data analysis software and managing a database and website
• Bilingual position (English/French) at an intermediate level
• Knowledge of the principals of health promotion and the evidence for multisectoral action for the prevention of chronic disease
• Familiarity with database management system
• Knowledge of project management principles
• Knowledge of research methods and approaches
• Excellent interpersonal, analytical and judgment skills
• Strong communication skills both orally and in writing
• Superior planning, organizing, and coordinating skills
• Ability to take initiative, set priorities and multi-task
• Ability to perform research-related tasks;
• Awareness of and sensitivity to individual, gender and cultural differences
• Ability to work in a fast-paced team with multiple demands and meet deadlines
For further information regarding the primary duties and responsibilities, view the Job Detail.