The Project Director will provide strategic guidance and leadership for all Internews activities for projects in CAR; coordinate technical, legal and professional capacity building assistance to partners and beneficiaries; ensure proper oversight of Internews personnel, financial management and administration; and coordinate with other stakeholders in the country to ensure that Internews leverages other resources, avoids duplication and complements other media development initiatives. The Project Director will also be responsible for establishing strong partnerships and dialogue with the appropriate donors, partners and stakeholders.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide general oversight of the project, including overall responsibility for the program management, strategic vision, fiscal integrity, quality and timing of deliverables, trainings and coordination with partners.
- Provide leadership and overall management of project staff.
- Serve as the main point of contact for the Internews projects in CAR – for both the donor and the Internews network Headquarters.
- Maintains relationships with donors through reporting, liaison and communications.
- Builds and maintains relationships with media outlets, local partners, (local CSOs) and international partners.
- Oversee the creation and development of communications materials to be shared and disseminated by with Internews HQ.
- Oversee the work and reporting of local sub grantees.
- Ensures that the expenditure of these funds are made in compliance with funder regulations and Internews policy.
- Reviews all financial reports and expense documentation.
- Be responsible for the drafting and submission of all deliverables (work plan, quarterly reports, final reports, etc.)
- Serve as the point person for business development within CAR.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values ;
- Previous experience as a proactive Country Lead/Program Manager with a strong reputation for developing excellent collaborative working relationships with counterparts, local and international organizations and donors.
- Experience as a manager or trainer with professional capacity-building programs for journalists and media outlets highly desirable.
- Previous experience working on programs funded by international donors (preferably USAID);
- Media development experience preferably in Central or West Africa, working experience and overall knowledge of Africa is essential.
- Strong communication skills; Fluency in French and English required; Sango a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of USAID rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated abilities in:
- Management, organization and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic development with resource scheduling, managing timelines, and leading team activities.
- Motivating, mentoring, and managing individuals and groups, resulting in high quality and timely work delivery.
- Serving as an organizational resource for process improvement and strategic decision making.
- Ability to effectively manage a variety of internal and external relationships.
- Strong analytical, training, oral and written communication, and team-building skills.
- MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint required. Agresso or other ERP preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects while working as part of a team.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.
Note: This position is posted in a High or Extreme Physical Risk location. Conditions in the field may include, but are not limited to the following: compound living quarters, limited mobility outside of designated areas, limited in-country medical care or pharmacy, limited access to fresh fruit and vegetables, limited access to high speed internet, dress code requirements, unaccompanied posting, and required advanced safety and security training. If selected for an interview for this position, ensure you discuss the specifics of living and working in this unique operating environment and consider them at length during the recruitment process.