Please submit a cover letter with your resume in one document describing your interest in this position and how you meet the requirements. Application materials must be submitted in English and applicants must have legal authorization to work in Vietnam to be considered and confirm this in their cover letter. PATH offers a highly dynamic work environment and provides competitive compensation and benefits based on experience.
PATH is seeking a Program Director, to oversee day-to-day activities, provide guidance, support and supervise staff and manage multiple projects in the Vietnam portfolio.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales innovative solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Program Director will report to Vietnam Country Director and work closely with PATH HQ and Vietnam team, and country collaborators to execute high quality programming. Our partners include but are not limited to the Ministry of Health, national and regional public health institutes, provincial partners, private sector, and other related agencies.
- Assist the Vietnam Country Director to identify program development opportunities, contribute to the development of new projects and proposals, and assist in the development of the program strategy for Vietnam and the larger Mekong region
- Supervise Project Managers/Team Leaders working in related programs and projects at PATH
- Serve as Responsible Project Manager (RPM) for several projects
- Lead targeted planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of project activities
- Provide strategic direction for program development and identify issues/challenges for effective implementation of work plan activities
- Manage the effectiveness of administrative and financial procedures, support project roll out in a timely manner by collaborating with the Project Administrator and finance staff.
- Manage sub contracts/sub agreements and consultants by coordinating with the Project Administrators.
- Coordinate with administrative and program staff to ensure financial management is compliant with donor and PATH regulations and monitor expenditure trends.
Stakeholder relationship management:
- Support the Vietnam Country Director in managing all donor-related compliance matters ensuring that project teams achieve project goals and objectives according to donor expectations and within approved project budgets
- Responsible for required reports to Headquarters and donors
- Maintain updated technical knowledge in communicable disease control and prevention, antimicrobial resistance, digital health solutions, health system strengthening and related public health topics, in order to provide technical assistance to project staff and vision for strategy development
- Participate in select Health Impact Teams which are PATH global learning forums, as well as other communities of practice to reinforce skills and knowledge on the job
- Assist Vietnam Country Director to represent PATH at meetings, ceremonies and workshops
- Perform other tasks as required.