Program Coordinator, Sexual and Reproductive Health
Based in: Washington, DC
Reports to: Senior Program Manager
Department: Sexual and Reproductive Health
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
PSI’s Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) department seeks a Program Coordinator (PC) to support operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging administrative and operational support. This position is based in the technical health area team and will liaise with a wide range of individuals and departments across PSI at the country and global level to ensure project and department objectives and PSI compliance requirements are met.
Specifically, the PC will support two, USAID-funded projects:
- MOMENTUM Private Healthcare Delivery (MPHD) a five-year $75m global award focused on strengthening private sector delivery of Maternal, Newborn and Child Health/Family Planning/Reproductive Health (MNCH/FP/RH) services and building local capacity for sustained positive health outcomes (60% Level of Effort), and
- Research for Scalable Solutions (R4S) which generates and supports utilization of evidence to increase access to voluntary SRH services and improve healthy timing and spacing of pregnancies in low-and middle-income countries in sub-Saharan Africa, Asia, and the Caribbean (20% Level of Effort).
- The PC will also support the wider SRH department including coordination of and information sharing across multiple projects, and through support to SRH Department Leadership (20% Level of Effort).
- Provides routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio. May include coordinating meetings and global conferences, note-taking, booking travel, editing/formatting and design of reports, or ad hoc requests for information.
- Supports project compliance and visibility through management and tracking of donor, internal, and external-facing online systems, such as the USAID Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) and Federal Subaward Reporting System (FSRS), the MOMENTUM multi-project Hub, and PSI’s award management and deliverables systems.
- Provides support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for information creation, maintenance, and sharing. This includes of internal filing systems, and administration of online communications site(s). Assists with drafting, editing, and coordinating communications materials.
- May provide moderate financial management support, which may include assisting with team budget management, monitoring of labor trackers, preparation and tracking of small budgets, reconciling and re-classing expenses, financial analysis, subaward management, preparing donor invoices, procurement and payment of consultants, vendors, subrecipients and other services, and management and reconciliation of team purchasing card.
- May assist with new business development opportunities.
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of related experience required.
- Strong English-language written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Strong quantitative skills, with emphasis on working with budgets and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Demonstrated interest in international health and development issues.
- Knowledge of USAID preferred.
- French language skills preferred.
- Graphic Design or advanced formatting/layout skills preferred.
References will be required.
The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position [subject to legal eligibility requirements].
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve. Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.