With world attention on both the environment and the economy, Environmental Defense Fund (EDF) is where policymakers and business leaders turn for win-win solutions. By focusing on strong science, uncommon partnerships and market-based approaches, we tackle urgent threats with practical solutions. We are one of the world’s largest environmental organizations, with more than two million members and a staff of approximately 700 scientists, economists, policy experts, and other professionals around the world. We operate in 22 geographies with unique projects running across four programs. You will be part of a vibrant workplace where innovation and results are a way of life.
EDF envisions a world in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected to the environmental challenges we face and are engaged in creating durable, equitable solutions. We seek talented candidates who share our Core Values of Respect, Results, Innovation, Optimism, and Integrity, and support our Commitment to Diversity.
The Program Coordinator, Regional Affairs, will be an integral member of the Environmental Defense Fund’s Political Affairs Program’s Regional Operations in North Carolina, Florida, and Texas. The position requires an individual who understands how to get things done through influence and collaboration at multiple levels within a team, program, and organization, including exceptional project management skills. The successful candidate will have experience in managing high-level relationships, handling sensitive and confidential information, and executing multiple, complex projects simultaneously. The Program Coordinator reports to the Associate Vice President for Regional Affairs and serves as a supporter and trusted advisor to the three State Directors.
- Administer contracts for consulting services, as well as grants to subgrantees.
- Work with Finance to track and reconcile revenue and expenses on a monthly basis.
- Support State Directors by processing monthly expenses and ensuring timely payment of invoices from vendors.
- Manage schedules and organize meetings, conference calls and video conferences for State Directors.
- Contribute to fundraising and stewardship objectives, including tracking and monitoring results and returns.
- Provide general administrative support for State Directors (e.g. ordering supplies, travel planning).
- Collaborate on preparation and distribution of reports and other written material.
- Participate in advancing EDF DEI goals in which people from all backgrounds and experiences feel connected, included, and empowered to address environmental and organizational challenges in alignment with EDF values.
- Promote effective collaboration and communication across the Program, regions, and with other partners across the organization.
- Carry out independent problem-solving and decision-making; conveying decisions to stakeholders in a timely manner
- At least three years of experience
- Experience in project management (in a non-profit setting preferred) and exceptional personal organization, attention to detail, and ability to multitask
- Ability to manage projects independently and to support a multi-disciplinary team, using independent judgment required to plan, prioritize, and organize a diversified workload
- Demonstrated experience managing relationships with senior level staff (preferably across time zones and regions).
- Ability to problem solve and overcome roadblocks with persistence, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor
- Demonstrates self-awareness, cultural competency and inclusivity, and ability to work with colleagues and stakeholders across diverse cultures and backgrounds.
- A broad understanding of and/or passion for environmental issues preferred
- Strong computer skills, especially Microsoft Office Suite, remote conferencing systems (Zoom, Bluejeans, Teams). Demonstrated comfort and fluency with MS Excel required. Familiarity with project management and team collaboration applications preferred.
Environmental Defense Fund is an equal opportunity employer where an applicant’s qualifications are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other basis prohibited by law.