Job Title: Program Coordinator, Impact Malaria (French Speaker)
Who we are
Population Services International (PSI) is the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We are a diverse group of over 5,000 entrepreneurial development professionals located in over 40 countries committed to making it easier for all people to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire. PSI is using it’s global presence and 50+ years of experience to help reimagine healthcare. We are working to shape market systems, shift policy and funding, and strengthen global capacity to better support consumer empowered healthcare.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to provide administrative, operational, financial and program management support on a large USAID malaria contract in the PMI Impact Malaria (IM) department. The Program Coordinator (PC) will have wide ranging responsibilities and will work with project staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Program Manager for PMI Impact Malaria.
The position will form part of a global backstopping team based in DC and will be expected to interact regularly with the project field offices, as well as other departments in Washington including Contracts, Finance, and Procurement. The ideal candidate is someone who will pro-actively meet administrative needs, can juggle multiple, competing priorities, and will enthusiastically ensure smooth and timely flow of work.
The Program Coordinator supports PSI’s operational excellence and execution of quality and standards by providing wide-ranging administrative and operational support. Liaises across PSI, which may include network members and country project teams, global technical and service departments, and strategic partners to ensure program/project objectives are met and PSI and USAID compliance requirements are met. Program Coordinators may manage a small project/initiative, and/or the programmatic and financial health of a low-complexity network member/country project team, or components of a network member/country project portfolio.
- Provides moderate financial management support, which may include assisting with team budget management, monitoring of labor trackers, preparation and tracking of small budgets, reconciling and re-classing expenses, financial analysis, subaward management, preparing donor invoices, procurement and payment of consultants, vendors, subrecipients and other services, and management and reconciliation of team purchasing card.
- Monitors and ensures smooth operational and programmatic execution of small projects or low-complexity network members/countries, including monitoring of agreement modifications, workplans and deliverables in coordination with immediate team members, network or country project team members, and global technical and service department.
- Provides routine administrative support for daily operations, project management, and general functioning of assigned portfolio. May include coordinating meetings, note-taking, booking travel, editing, or ad hoc assignments or requests for information.
- Provides support for knowledge management activities, including the design of tools and systems for knowledge management and information tracking, creation and maintenance of internal filing systems, and administration of online communications site(s). Assists with drafting, editing reports and coordinating communications materials.
What are we looking for?
- Associate’s degree (or international equivalent) in a related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or international equivalent) in a related field preferred.
- At least 1 year of related experience.
- French proficiency, in written and verbal communication, required.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office applications.
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with special attention to detail and timeliness.
- Strong quantitative skills, with emphasis on working with budgets and spreadsheets.
- Relevant language skills per country and program portfolio.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Capacity to function in a fully virtual working environment, with flexibility to work in person as needed.
- Ability to manage diverse workstreams efficiently and effectively.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Measurement: You use hard evidence to make decisions and guide your work. You set clear goalposts in advance and explain clearly if you need to move them.
Pragmatism: You’ll strive to deliver the best possible result with the resources available. You won’t be paralyzed by a need to make things perfect.
Honesty: You own your mistakes and are open about your shortcomings – it’s the only way you’ll learn and improve.
Collaboration: You’ll quickly establish a mental map of whom you can rely on for what, on your team, at headquarters, and in our country offices – if you try to do it all yourself, you won’t succeed.
Trust: You accept limits to your sphere of control and give colleagues the benefit of the doubt.
Commitment: You are in it for the long-haul and want to grow with the organization, just like PSI serves its consumers and partners with host-country governments through thick and thin.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.