Job title: Program Coordinator
Department: Global Fundraising
Based in: Washington, DC
May include up to 5% international and domestic travel
Reports to the Manager, Experiential Philanthropy
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to lead healthier lives and plan the families they desire by marketing affordable products and services that range from mosquito nets to contraceptives to HIV testing.
There are over 8,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are seeking a Program Coordinator to play an important administrative role in assisting the Individual Giving and Experiential Philanthropy teams. The Coordinator will perform a vital role in supporting these fundraising teams to meet their goals by handling front-line donor relations, ensuring efficient and effective financial and budgetary management, leading gift processing and revenue reporting, compliance, contracts, and other operational and administrative support functions.
Sound like you? Read on.
You will be responsible for managing the smooth and efficient daily operations of the Individual Giving and Experiential Philanthropy teams, and for supporting them in recruitment of new individual donors while providing outstanding donor stewardship.
The Coordinator’s responsibilities will include:
- Prospecting, fundraising and sales support:Collating content for briefing materials and conducting research to analyze, compile, and manage donor prospects and pipeline – with a predominant focus on high-net worth individuals.
- Financial management and gifts processing: Tracking and managing expenses, invoices and gift processing. Lead budget review and updates.
- Meeting and events coordination: Supporting the planning and execution of internal events and high-level external events for prospective and current donors including handling logistics, travel, transport and vendor procurement and setup.
- Administrative: Working with the Procurement department to set up vendor contracts, amendments and track Purchase Orders; ensuring efficient tracking of data and project deliverables.
GENERAL SALES SUPPORT
- Conduct research and prepare briefing materials as needed on donor prospects; tracking all donor information in Salesforce.
- Assist with donor acknowledgement, welcome materials, and ongoing stewardship, including email outreach and hand-written thank you cards.
- Manage Combined Federal Contributions (CFC) membership and yearly renewal.
- Maintain state fundraising registration (includes supervising outside vendors).
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT/GIFTS PROCESSING
- Acts as Finance team liaison, communicating financial procedures and updates to rest of team to ensure we stay compliant.
- Ensure revenue tracking is up to date and payments are allocated accurately. Work with Accounts Receivable to reconcile revenue and create weekly and quarterly allocations reports. Maintain accurate donor records in Salesforce and ensure payment schedules are on track.
- Develop and implement a streamlined and standardized Gifts Processing procedure. This includes managing pledge forms, calendar of expected payments, and payment reminders for all individual donors. Work with relationship managers to follow up on upcoming payments and process acknowledgement letters/receipts.
- Process offline donations daily and work with online processing and credit card vendors.
- Manage employer matching gifts.
MEETING AND EVENT COORDINATION
- Assist in scheduling and planning for department-wide events, such as internal meetings, conferences, and presentations, which includes coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, preparing and disseminating materials.
- Support the preparation for external events, including handling logistics, preparing briefings and other materials, working with and managing vendors, and coordinating attendee lists. Ensure each event has been captured in Salesforce for follow up and campaign statistics.
- Assist in facilitating team meetings and morale events, including, but not limited to booking conference rooms, providing supplies, ensuring technology is working properly, and booking arrangements for offsite events.
- Create, update, and maintain organized files and records in Sharepoint/Microsoft Teams.
- Main point of contact for office facilities, working with our Facilities department for team requests and conference room bookings.
- Act as liaison for team with internal partners, answering questions and routing requests appropriately, and attending Brown Bag learning opportunities to share learnings with team.
- Postage, shipping and printing (daily needs with occasional large-scale mailings).
- Work with Procurement and Accounts Payable to establish and manage contracts, process invoices and purchase orders, track cost center budget, and set up new vendors.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
- We value teamwork, a positive attitude and the desire to dedicate oneself to operational excellence above all else.
- Associate/Bachelor’s Degree
- Tech Savvy. Microsoft Word, Excel (essential), PowerPoint, and database management. Salesforce preferred.
- Experience: 1-3 years working in a fast-paced office environment, ideally in fundraising/philanthropy. Experience in an administrative and support role handling budget, finance, scheduling and logistics is essential.
- Business Savvy. Interest in fundraising, global health and development.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written. You’re great about proactively reaching out to others to offer your support. And you’re a people person – able to hold your own in conversations with partners and prospects.
- Well organized, personable, critical thinker who enjoys tackling problems, creating and following processes, and has a knack for financial analysis.
- You like interacting with your colleagues and donors. You are proactive – you see a need and you meet it. You’re bold. You stay positive when faced with challenges, manage your time effectively, and communicate with your team efficiently.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- References will be required.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a backgroud check.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (202)785-0072.