Based in Washington, D.C.
Reports to the Senior Program Manager
Who we are
We’re Population Services International (PSI), the world’s leading non-profit social marketing organization. We work to make it easier for people in the developing world to be healthy by providing access to products and services that range from mosquito nets to HIV testing.
There are over 9,000 “PSI’ers” around the world. It’s a diverse group of entrepreneurs and professionals with an unusually wide range of backgrounds – from the medical industry to the music business – all with unique skills we bring to the job.
We are looking for a Program Coordinator to provide administrative, operational, financial and program management support to the Foundation Market Grouping. The Program Coordinator (PC) will have wide ranging responsibilities and work with PSI staff at all levels both in Washington and overseas with 50% of his or her time dedicated to the PSI/Mali Chemonics PSM project, 40% to the Liberia and South Sudan Global Fund projects, and 10% to general administrative support for the Foundation Market Group. The position requires flexibility and willingness to assume varied duties and projects with an emphasis on administrative and financial tasks. This position is based in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Senior Program Manager for Foundation Markets.
The position will form part of a global backstopping team based in DC and will be expected to interact regularly with the field offices in the region, as well as other departments in Washington including Contracts, Finance, and Procurement. The ideal candidate is someone who will pro-actively meet administrative needs, can juggle multiple, competing priorities, and will enthusiastically ensure smooth and timely flow of work.
Sound like you? Read on.
RESPONSIBILITIES: 50% of this position’s time will be dedicated to supporting PSI Mali’s Chemonics PSM project and 40% to supporting the Liberia and South Sudan Global Fund projects. 10% will be dedicated to administrative and financial support to the Foundation Markets team.
Foundation Markets Support
- Provide dynamic and proactive administrative support to the Foundation Markets team.
- Manage the Foundation Market credit card, assuring that charges are correctly expensed in a timely manner through Concur.
- Serve as the point of contact for Market-wide requests and manage Foundation Markets email groups and SharePoint pages.
- Manage and organize Foundation Market events such as: meetings, retreats, team building activities, etc.
- Assist with travel arrangements for Foundation Markets staff including: helping to secure visas for urgent travel, making hotel reservations, and scheduling appointments.
Chemonics PSM project support
- Ensure full compliance of financial and administrative components of the Chemonics-GHSC/PSM project.
- Support the production of timely and quality financial monthly reports and invoices and quarterly programmatic reports for client approval,
- Coordinate and review the client invoicing process in close coordination with PSI/Mali and DC Finance Department ensuring all invoices/ support documentations are submitted on time and are of high quality.
- Monitor account receivables to ensure that timely payments are being made
- Monitor project expenditures to ensure that costs are substantiated and allowable.
- Track line item spending burn rates to prepare limitation of funds notifications and projections.
- Prepared budgets for contract realignments and modifications, in collaboration with the PMT team.
- Ensure branding and marking requirements are properly administered throughout project implementation.
- Prepare all requests for Chemonics’s (salary increase, travel, etc.)
- Ensure translation of all deliverables prior to submission to Chemonics
- Develop the monthly timecard/level of effort (LOE) billing reports.
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as needed as well as other tasks.
Liberia and South Sudan project support
- Proactively coordinate the SR Field Grading response in partnership with the field teams to ensure essential subaward documentation is completed and filed: pre-award assessments, reports, check-lists, site visits, and important email communications, and ensure this is happening in country as well.
- Facilitate the advance and liquidation process for all International Subrecipients and ensure SR trackers are updated
- Facilitate the payment of consultants and vendors in adherence with PSI policy
- Work with Senior PM, Risk & Compliance, and Grants & Contracts to ensure SR contractual documents are developed, reviewed, and approved in a timely manner
- Follow up with Procurement Department on commodity orders and payments
- Support the Sr PM and Risk & Compliance team with the closeout of the Liberia and South Sudan projects and platforms
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI’s corporate values:
Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team.
Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don’t let perfect get in the way of good enough.
Honesty: You aren’t afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results.
Commitment: You’re independent and a free thinker, but you’re ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
Successful candidates will be customer service oriented, exhibit excellent communication and interpersonal skills; have proven problem solving ability; be able to work efficiently and quickly under pressure; be able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks; and have the ability to work with minimal supervision and follow through on assignments. Preference will be given to candidates with a demonstrated interest in international health and development issues.
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two years of experience working in a fast-paced office environment
- Experience living outside the United States and in multicultural environments preferred
- Advanced computer skills with strong Excel and SharePoint skills (and including MS Office applications)
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills with strong attention to detail and timeliness
- Proven ability to develop routines to manage large workloads and organize work efficiently
- Readiness to interact with a variety of people and assume diverse duties and tasks
- French and English fluency required
- References will be required.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States. N.B. PSI will not consider work visa sponsorship for this position.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a background check.
Icing on the cake
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills; you feel comfortable speaking up when you have something important to say and have the ability to effectively interact with senior management.
- Mind for Process Improvement. You bring awareness and commitment to doing work effectively and efficiently. We want people who will see a way to streamline or improve a process and who won’t hesitate to share their ideas in making it happen.
- Champion of Fun. You support the idea that the team that works hard should play hard. We like people with a team attitude who smile and encourage others through both easy and tough tasks.
PSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages applications from qualified individuals regardless of actual or perceived race, religion, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, personal appearance, matriculation, political affiliation, family status or responsibilities, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, childbirth, related medical conditions or breastfeeding, genetic information, amnesty, veteran, special disabled veteran or uniform service member status or employment status.
ACCESSIBILITY NOTICE: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process due to a physical or mental disability, please send an email to: email@example.com or call (202)785-0072.