PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide. PATH has been working in India since the late 1990s—bringing governments, communities, private-sector companies, and experienced public health practitioners together to address some of the country’s most crucial health problems.
About the project:
Tuberculosis (TB) and COVID-19 are both infectious diseases that attack primarily the lungs. Both diseases have similar symptoms such as cough, fever and difficulty breathing. COVID-19 pandemic has affected the delivery of essential health services including TB program services.
PATH through its TB/HIV vertical is undertaking various projects to support Tuberculosis elimination and efforts to combat the COVID-19 pandemic in India and other LMICs. PATH seeks to recruit a Program Associate – Policy (COVID and TB) to understand the policy landscape of TB and Covid-19 both at present and in future. The Program Associate will primarily work with projects cutting across TB and COVID-19 to provide strategic directions based on the changing scenarios. S/he is expected to closely coordinate and liaison with ministries/departments of health; donors and projects and WHO.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out landscaping of TB and Covid-19 control policy efforts in India and the States
- Work with projects cutting across TB and COVID-19 to provide strategic directions
- Provide support to projects with key insights in the TB and COVID-19 policy sphere
- Closely coordinate with the project officers and leaders working in NTEP, NHM, ICMR etc
- Carry out analysis of data being reported in the public domain
- Support in documentation of various innovative measures taken by the government for ensuring essential services particularly TB
- Collaborate with other relevant agencies, funding partners, local and international organizations in this area
- Conduct research, stakeholder analysis, interviews, and feedback sessions with stakeholders
- Deliver any other need based tasks as requested by the TB/HIV vertical