NOTE: Please include a cover letter with your resume explaining how you are uniquely qualified for this role and what inspires you to apply.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Associate, Policy, Access, and Introduction (PAI) to support a large and crucial arm of the project “Accelerating Availability and Access to Typhoid Conjugate Vaccines” (TyVAC). The Program Associate will support TyVAC activities related to introduction of typhoid conjugate vaccine to low- and middle-income countries.
TyVAC is a five-year project led by the Center for Vaccine Development at the University of Maryland School of Medicine, together with its partners, the Oxford Vaccine Group at the University of Oxford, and PATH. TyVAC’s multidisciplinary strategy to combat typhoid is organized in five objectives: 1) serve as a coordinating body for typhoid-related research and control activities; 2) foster supportive global policies; 3) ensure typhoid and typhoid conjugate vaccines are recognized as global, regional, and national health priorities; 4) provide data on impact, effectiveness, appropriate vaccination strategies, and associated costs; and 5) support countries in decision-making and preparation for sustained introduction of typhoid conjugate vaccines.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms – vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations – that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
The ideal candidate will contribute toward country preparedness and introduction of the TyVAC project. Duties and responsibilities include:
Country Instruction Work
- Participate in in-country activities that support country preparedness and vaccine introduction under the direction of senior staff.
- Provide technical support to the vaccine introduction team and in-country collaborators to assist with field logistics and project implementation.
- Facilitate project activities conducted by in-country partners and TyVAC team members.
- Contribute technical content to documents and presentations prepared for global and national stakeholders as well as local health workers.
- Participate in preparation of reports and manuscripts that relate findings from team activities.
- Support project planning, work plan development and monitoring, and reporting to ensure effective communications between donors, country teams, program partners and PATH PAI team.
- Support project implementation activities in countries that are introducing TCV with TyVAC support.
- Coordinate with activity participants to ensure project work proceeds on time and prepare documentation of activities for donor reporting.
- Employ project tracking systems to coordinate and support timely complete of project work.
Research and Design
- Contribute to the design and drafting of research findings, publications, project updates, tool kits, guidance documents, presentations and donor reports.
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative data analysis.
- Help design and implement data management systems and information flows.
- Contribute to monitoring and keeping the team abreast of key developments and innovations.