BASIC PURPOSE: This position will support Global Health programs in the grant management and program coordination functions.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Train grantees in the use of grant application documents
- Correspond with grantees on reporting requirements
- Support Program Managers in ensuring all finalized grants, reports, and other supporting documentation and data are complete and logged.
- Support the program Managers in the creation of new health program tools and related documents.
- Support the logistics of major Global health events.
- Ensure the smooth operation of the Global Health grants system.
- Collate data and update performance monitoring database
· Ability to manage multiple projects, tasks and work assignments in a fast-moving environment, including during international travel
· Ability to function well independently within the range of parameters and priorities established by the Executive Director.
· Life-long learner
· Creative problem-solver
· Ability to consistently maintain highest level of confidentiality
· Solid experience collaborating with multiple stakeholders
· Superior time management skills
· Comfortable working with humanitarian frameworks in a faith-based setting
· Positive, creative, and flexible attitude to time-sensitive work which is critical to the alleviation of suffering on a daily basis.
· Professional interpersonal skills, diplomacy and patience;
· Strong skills in negotiation, coordination, project management, communication, and reporting
· Ability to be flexible in fast-paced environment and strategize under pressure;
· Ability to communicate well in a variety of settings and to function in a diverse workforce;
· Ability to understand and respect cultural, religious, and political environments and use diplomacy when working with the staff, local partners, local authorities, and beneficiary population.
- Masters degree in Public Health, Health Policy or Health Administration.
- Considerable knowledge of principles of public health program management; some knowledge of financial management, and budgetary process of Global Ministries and their program goals.
- Must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to a constantly-changing situation and environment; and intercultural competences.
- At least three (1) year experience working in an international organization. Strong Communication, interpersonal, organizational, analytical and problem-solving skills; Highly functional in team based environment.
- Advance knowledge of Microsoft office suite including Microsoft access and excel.