The Program Associate provides administrative and technical support for programs under the supervision of the Senior Program Officer for Europe and Eurasia. He / She will be expected to perform complicated tasks requiring prior experience, education or training.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
- Work with other HQ staff and field teams to edit and submit quarterly narrative reports about Europe and Eurasia (E&E) projects to funders.
- Assist the E&E team with proposal development (research, writing, proofreading).
- Provide project field staff with support such as research, correspondence and translation.
- Compile monthly e-newsletter on E&E programs.
- Develop and maintain up-to-date briefing and communications materials for E&E programs.
- Coordinate travel logistics, complete visa applications, and arrange accommodations for Internews representatives and guests as required.
- Maintain internal deadline trackers and departmental task lists.
- Represent Internews and the Europe and Eurasia department to other NGOs, funders, and government officials.
- Research and communicate with other NGOs domestically and abroad on issues involving the media, civil society, freedom of expression, internet freedom, human rights, environmental issues, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- 1-3 years professional experience in international affairs, including experience living, working, or studying in Eastern Europe/Eurasia.
- Superior analytical and writing ability.
- Native English, professional proficiency in written and spoken Russian.
- Excellent oral communication and presentation skills.
- Experience editing non-native English under strict deadlines
- Experience with MS Excel and Word.
- Proven organization skills, with attention to detail.
- Proven ability to multi-task and prioritize with a shifting workload.
- Proven ability to operate effectively in a multicultural environment.
- Relevant university degree.
- Experience with proposal writing for government donors.
- Experience with financial management and familiarity with USAID rules and regulations.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and other desktop publishing software a plus.
- Experience with event planning and/or arranging logistics for project implementation abroad.
- Experience preparing expense reports and budgets.
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our Internews Benefits page.