*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is currently recruiting for a Program Assistant to work with and provide organizational, technical and logistical support to USAID-funded “Support TB Control Efforts in Ukraine” project. This position is funded through September 29, 2024. Employment after that date is subject to availability of funds.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The overall goal of the five-year Support TB Control Efforts in Ukraine project is to reduce the TB epidemic in Ukraine through early detection, appropriate care, and prevention for people living with TB, drug-resistant tuberculosis (DR-TB) and TB/HIV. The project will be implemented at the primary health care level and in TB facilities initially in eleven oblasts of Ukraine with the highest TB, DR-TB and HIV/TB co-infection rates (Dnipro, Mykolayiv, Odesa, Kherson, Zaporizhzhia, Kirovohrad, Kyiv, Cherkasy, Chernihiv, Poltava, Lviv and Donetsk (in the Government of Ukraine controlled portion) and in training centers nationwide (in Lviv and Dnipro oblasts and in Kyiv city at the National TB institute).
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prioritize, channel, and facilitate communication among the PATH staff members.
- Independently respond to letters and general correspondence (within position responsibilities) on a routine basis.
- Translate project related documents including reports, project correspondence, training materials, articles, etc.
- Provide interpretation for meetings, trainings, and conferences as requested.
- Assist program managers with preparation, production and distribution of documents including proposals, reports, communication materials, training curricula, tables, graphics, PowerPoint presentations, etc.
- Provide full range of logistical arrangements for project related activities.
- Provide assistance during project events.
- Manage and maintain files and resources (hard and electronic copies).
- Prepare agenda, minutes and other meeting correspondence.
- Assist with business travel support and with completion of administrative forms.
- Liaise with finance and administrative staff, providing assistance as requested.
- Maintain contacts with partners, stakeholders, government authorities, and PATH headquarters.
- Prepare draft and final budgets for training activities.
- Provide assistance during procurement procedures.
- Travel to program sites as requested.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.