PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Working closely with Congolese communities and government leaders, PATH addresses some of the Democratic Republic of Congo’s (DRC) toughest health challenges. We apply our on-the-ground expertise to HIV, tuberculosis, malaria, and neglected tropical diseases as well as reproductive, maternal, and child health. Our work includes advocating at the national level to strengthen funding for essential health interventions, such as immunization; providing targeted technical assistance; leveraging our relationships with funders, private industry, community-based organizations, and others for sustainable results; and adapting and introducing innovative, low-cost technologies and evidence-based best practices. Our operational presence in the DRC has grown steadily since 2009.
PATH is looking to hire a Program Assistant (PA) to support the project teams in DRC. The Program Assistant will be based in Kinshasa et will report to the Senior Project Administrator.
- Develop and/or maintain administrative systems in support of all projects within the program.
- Maintain a data base of all invoice and document related to procurement of project.
- Serve as procurement staff for small procurement of the project. The limit of such procurement will be defined by the Site Administrator (SADM).
- Draft, edit, format, fact-check, and proofread a variety of documents and enter data using Word, Excel, and other software.
- Coordinates travel arrangements for team members and consultants; tracks team members’ travel schedules, including support needed modifying arrangements during travel and follow up activities such as reimbursement requests.
- Maintain travel data base for each project and follow up with travel agency to get invoices paid on time.
- Assists with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Coordinate arrangements for guests, meetings, conferences, workshops, and other events.
- Assists in activities during and post-meeting, such as conference and web call set up, drafting minutes,and supporting Project Manager to track follow-up activities.
- Utilize Microsoft Outlook calendars to coordinate complex scheduling tasks.
- Schedule team meetings and draft agendas and minutes.
- Maintain project records, electronic files, and other resources for the project.
- Assist with completion of administrative forms, including supply request forms, check requests, and reimbursement forms.
- Provide support to the Project Administrator to ensure accuracy of project inventory (if applicable), validating to GL records of project purchases, equipment disposal documentation, and PATH’s Fixed Assets, Project Equipment, and Inventory policy.
- Serve as backup for other Program Assistants.