*Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
The Malaria Control and Elimination Partnership in Africa (MACEPA), a program at PATH, is seeking a Program Assistant to support Seattle-based project leadership and day to day project operations. MACEPA, a leader in the effort to end malaria illnesses and deaths, refines and develops tools and approaches, invests in national programs, and builds data to empower national governments to pursue malaria elimination. This person will also work closely with PATH Center for Malaria Control and Elimination which brings together leaders from across our malaria portfolio to pursue cross-cutting initiatives.
Duties and responsibilities include:
Administrative Support (50%)
- Provide calendaring, travel, and meeting support for assigned leadership staff.
- Coordinate and keep up to date team calendars and meeting schedules.
- Document minutes for a variety of meetings as required.
- Manage and/or assist in production and distribution, of documents including proposals, reports, tables, graphics, and other materials using various software programs.
- Draft and/or proof correspondence and other professional documents such as agendas meeting minutes, and presentations.
- Perform library and internet research as requested.
- Coordinate arrangements for conferences, workshops, and other events as requested including invitation letters, catering arrangements, event logistics, hotel negotiations, and billing reconciliations with accounts payable.
- Coordinate on-site logistics for meetings, workshops and other events
Operations Support (50%)
- Plan travel for MACEPA staff as needed—sourcing hotels and conference venues, serving as liaison with the PATH travel team and travel agency, managing passport and visa processing, processing pre and post travel paperwork— ensuring adherence to travel policies.
- Prepare purchasing requests for supplies or professional services.
- Assist financial administrators with check requests, wire transfer requests, consultant and sub-award requisitions, budget reports, and tracking of sub-awardee payments, contracts and amendments.
- Generate reports from financial reporting systems and other organizational databases and tracking systems, and provide routine updates to various teams as needed.
- Maintain electronic files and file share structure for the project administration team.