PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The Malaria and Neglected Tropical Diseases Programme, as a leader in the effort to end malaria- related illness and death, refines and develops tools and approaches, supports national programmes, and gathers evidence and data to enable national governments to pursue malaria elimination.
PATH is recruiting a program assistant to support Malaria Program in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC). A successful candidate will be highly motivated and hard working with exceptional organizational skills. S/he will coordinate workshops, meetings, travel and administration. S/he will also be reviewing and finalizing project documents and reports and other administrative tasks as needed.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Work closely with PATH DRC Malaria Program and Ministry of Health program administrative focal point to assist and provide technical support for planned and unplanned events and meetings.
- Collaborate with PADM, Finance Associate, and other Malaria Program Team to provide support in the implementation of projects as defined in the work plan.
- Assist the Project Administrator in preparing documentation of financial transactions ensuring compliance with PATH policies.
- Participate in activities during and after meetings, such as setting up conferences and online calls, taking minutes, and assisting the Project Manager with follow-up activities.
- Assist the Project Manager in planning and coordinating the full range of logistics for workshops, meetings, and fieldwork exercises.
- Develop detailed budgets for activities; prepare financial reports for workshops, meetings, and fieldwork exercises.
- Initiate payment processes in BusinessWorld and follow up with the accounting team to ensure that vendor invoices are paid in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly coded and charged to the correct project codes.
- Coordinate with project teams to ensure smooth coordination of administrative tasks.
- Work closely with the procurement team to coordinate the purchase of project services and supplies.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for team members and consultants; Monitor team member travel schedules, including support for changing arrangements during travel and follow-up activities such as reimbursement requests.
- Support the development and implementation of project management systems to coordinate, track, analyze, and report progress on all project-related activities.
- Participate in the process of monitoring the implementation of key project tasks and recommendations, with a focus on operational aspects.
- Participate in program development, proposal writing, and budgeting as required.
- Provide support to the PADM to ensure the accuracy of the inventory of the project.
- Serve as back-up and resource person for other program assistants.
- Perform any other relevant duties as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.