Crown Agents USA, Inc. (CA-USA) is seeking multiple qualified Program Assistants specializing in Trade, Investment, Public-Private Partnerships, or Capacity Building for an anticipated USAID project in the Lao People’s Democratic Republic (Lao PDR) focusing on enabling business environments and promoting trade investment. All positions are subject to successful project award.
Crown Agents USA
We are change agents for greater global prosperity, delivering practical innovations in economic governance and trade; humanitarian solutions and food security, health systems, monitoring, evaluation, and learning; and, supply chain as a partner of the US Government.
As a subsidiary of Crown Agents Limited, we leverage the expertise, resources, and network amassed from over 180 years of international development experience. Crown Agents works in 100+ countries, with on-the-ground presence in more than 35 and 13 permanent corporate offices in Africa, Asia, and Latin America. We are wholly owned by a nonprofit foundation, allowing us to combine corporate agility with a commitment to reinvesting our profits in transforming lives.
Located in Washington, DC and incorporated in 1998, Crown Agents USA provides technical assistance and support to clients such as the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Millennium Challenge Corporation (MCC), the U.S. Department of State (DoS), and the U.S. Trade and Development Agency (USTDA).
The purpose of the anticipated Business Environment project is to increase the Laotian government’s capacity to conduct trade within global and bilateral trade frameworks and engage with relevant stakeholders to promote economic partnerships and investment.
- Provide technical inputs and expertise on trade, investment, public-private partnerships, or capacity-building trainings for relevant stakeholders in Lao PDR;
- Support strategic planning and project implementation initiatives;
- Conduct project implementation and ensure accountability and compliance with all USAID and CA-USA processes and regulations;
- Participate in research activities, assessments, and other analytical products as requested;
- Produce all relevant technical inputs and deliverables as required.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration, Economics, Public Policy, International Economic Policy, or related field required, Master’s degree or higher preferred;
- Minimum 3-7 years of experience in economic growth initiatives, policy reform, decentralization, trade, public/private partnerships, and/or public/private dialogue in Lao PDR or a similar economic/political environment preferred;
- USAID or other donor experienced preferred;
- Lao language fluency highly preferred, and fluency in English required; and
- Regional or local work experience required, and Laotian nationals highly encouraged to apply.
Crown Agents USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state or federal laws.
Crown Agents USA will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with qualified disabilities in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for our application process, please contact our Recruiting department directly. Requests will be kept confidential and shared strictly on a need-to-know basis only.