The Latin America and the Caribbean (LAC) Program Assistant (PA) will support the LAC unit by providing administrative and programmatic support to the LAC Programs portfolio grants. The PA will be responsible for all administrative aspects of the LAC portfolio including: reconciling credit cards, supporting and tracking subgrant agreements, consultants, contracts, and payments. The PA will also assist with programmatic tasks, particularly related to compiling reports, coordinating travel and events and also research for new business opportunities. As needed, the PA will serve as a liaison between LAC Program Management and headquarters’ Accounting and Administration teams.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES, other duties may be assigned:
- Ensuring documentation complies with funder requirements and Internews’ policies and procedures.
- Prepare invoices, wire transfer requests, expense reimbursements, and payment requests, and complete credit card financial reconciliation on a monthly basis.
- Track grant-related administration such as travel plans, personal service contracts, and outside service contracts.
- Assist in assembly of quarterly reports, proposals and other project-related reports for LAC programs: edit, revise and collate finished materials in collaboration with the LAC team.
- Prepare correspondence and reports from meetings, conferences and discussion panels, assist on research.
- Support special events and partner meetings, including coordinating agendas and travel logistics; represent team and Internews at events on request.
- Provide administrative support to the LAC team as requested.
- Understanding of and demonstrated commitment to upholding Internews’ Core Values .
- Relevant university degree
- Fluency in Spanish
- Prior relevant experience, preferably working with an international NGO, think tank or within the development, media, or human rights sectors
- Intermediate expertise in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Proven ability to prioritize and handle multiple on-going assignments while maintaining attention to detail
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving ability
- Proven ability to work both independently and as an effective team member
- Strong research and writing skills, editorial and/or copyediting skills preferred
- Experience with financial management and familiarity with USG rules and regulations
- Monitoring and evaluation experience, familiarity with logic models and program management plans (PMPs)
- Experience preparing expense reports and budgets
- Demonstrated understanding of and/or experience with developing world information environments, including technical, political and social factors; familiarity with one or more languages
- Online editorial or information curation experience
- Familiarity and capabilities for creating online reading and communications products
This position is being offered and hired by Internews Network. Benefits will be consistent with Internews Network’s offerings and will be reviewed during the hiring process. Additional information can be found on our About Working for Internews page.