The IRC is one of the leading providers of high quality programming for refugees resettling to the United States. The mission of the IRC’s US Programs (USP) Department is to create opportunities for refugees to survive and thrive in America. The IRC’s USP Department currently provides services in 28 U.S. cities and through the IRC’s Resettlement Support Center (RSC) in East Asia. The USP portfolio has grown to encompass a spectrum of support in five program outcome areas with numerous local partners, hundreds of corporate, foundation, and government donors, and thousands of individual givers. The IRC resettles over 10,000 refugees on an annual basis, has a budget of $89 million, and has over 900 staff and 3,500 volunteers.
SCOPE OF WORK: The Program Assistant is responsible for maintaining data, upgrading the database and providing monthly date batch uploads in the Efforts to Outcomes (ETO) database used by the New Jersey (NJOR) and Kansas (KSOR) state coordination teams for refugee services. The Program Assistant will assist with user account maintenance and end user support, system documentation, configuration and testing of system enhancements and bug fixes, query and report building, and quality assurance, with the goal of supporting service delivery in Kansas and New Jersey. Reports to Program Officer, Information Systems.
- Using the Efforts To Outcomes (ETO) database, develop database and tracking systems for KSOR and NJOR direct service providers.
- Responsible for monthly batch uploads into ETO and reporting.
- Responsible for configuration, quality assurance, and troubleshooting.
- Assist with documentation of current system configuration as well as documentation of ongoing updates to system configuration, through quarterly and interim releases.
- Assist with building and testing custom queries and reports. Work with colleagues to identify improvements to monthly tracking that would allow for more robust and accurate reporting.
- Identify needs at field level for technical assistance in reporting and tracking data; provide technical assistance through webinars, Skype and conference calls.
- Provide thorough training to IRC staff and partner agencies on all elements of the database, tracking and reporting system.
- Actively engage with and support US Program’s Research, Analysis, and Learning team.
- Liaise with the Program Officer on data and other related needs for the program.
- Work collaboratively with KSOR and NJOR offices.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, preferably in Social Sciences, Information Systems, or related field.
- Knowledge of or experience with social service case management or program management software, client relationship management, relational databases, or other information systems for case/client management strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel.
- Attention to detail and the ability to follow instructions fully and precisely is essential.
- Solid organizational skills: the ability to work productively and accurately while under pressure in a fast-paced, demanding environment.
- Flexible work attitude: the ability to work in a team environment & independently and meet unexpected demands.
- Strong customer service skills.