PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
Infectious Disease Detection and Surveillance (IDDS) is a five-year USAID-funded project with the following overall objectives: (1) Improve the detection of diseases of public health importance and identification of antimicrobial resistance (AMR) in priority infectious diseases through an accessible, accurate, adaptable, timely, and integrated diagnostic network system; (2) Improve the quality of real-time surveillance systems for pathogens of greatest public health concern, including AMR and zoonotic diseases, and; (3) Generate evidence-based guidance and innovative solutions to strengthen in-country diagnostic networks and surveillance systems using a One Health approach.
PATH is seeking a Program Assistant to provide general administrative support (e.g. printing, photocopying, documentation preparations), support logistics of meetings including setting up project meetings and taking minutes), coordinate travel, review expense reports, compile and organize relevant background materials for meetings, support and coordinate project procurement and monitor implementation of project activities using an online project management systems like JIRA. This role will also be responsible for filing and maintaining project documents, distributing supplies or project materials, assist in disbursing/processing payments for workshops expenses, per diems and preparation of activity budgets. This position reports to the Team lead for IDDS based in Kampala, Uganda.
- Support general administrative work (e.g. printing, photocopying, documentation preparations, filing and data entry).
- Support and coordinate project procurements.
- Tracking the implementation of project activities using an online project management system like JIRA.
- Capture minutes at some of the project meetings.
- Organize meetings and workshops and providing logistics support.
- Setting up and managing virtual/online meetings.
- Coordinate travels, review expense reports, compile and organize relevant background materials for meetings.
- Prepare budgets for project activities.
- Distribute supplies or project materials, assist in disbursing/processing payments for workshop expenses.
- Support mobile money transactions for meeting participants.
- Maintain an inventory of IDDS field supplies.
- Work closely with the IDDS team lead to plan for implementing activities