PATH is a global nonprofit dedicated to achieving health equity. With more than 40 years of experience forging multisector partnerships, and with expertise in science, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales up innovative solutions to the world’s most pressing health challenges.
The External Affairs division advances PATH’s mission of health equity through advocacy, communications, and stakeholder engagement. We are committed to equity in all its forms and diversifying our team.
PATH’s External Affairs division is seeking a Program Assistant to join the Operations team and work closely with the Philanthropy team. This role is based in Seattle, where the fundraising operations team is located, to support our philanthropic supporters who are primarily in the United States. The position will report to the Director of Operations, with a dotted line to the Philanthropy Operations Associate.
The Program Assistant plays a central role in supporting day-to-day operations and External Affairs teams that span multiple global time zones. This position requires an organized, detail-oriented person who can juggle multiple tasks with moderate oversight. This role entails in-office time for certain job duties, as it is safe and in accordance with PATH’s COVID-19 guidance.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide administrative support to the Operations and Philanthropy teams.
- Perform accurate data entry in our customer relationship management (CRM) system Salesforce and other tools to support operations, communications, and philanthropy work—including gift entry for donations and pledges received via mail, phone, and web; processing address updates and returned mail; other database cleanup.
- Coordinate with Philanthropy relationship managers, finance, and program teams to complete necessary paperwork for specific types of gifts, including stock transactions.
- Prepare and send donor acknowledgment letters for individual, corporate, and foundation gifts, coordinating with Philanthropy relationship managers and others as needed.
- Partner with finance team to ensure proper monthly reconciliation of donations.
- Review and maintain PATH’s external profile on third-party charitable giving sites, working with the Marketing & Communications and program teams to gather the needed information.
- Monitor shared Outlook mailboxes, respond to inquiries, and update distribution lists.
- Schedule meetings and assist with meeting preparation, including managing calendar invites, setting up equipment, taking notes, and tracking action items.
- Process invoices, credit card expenses, and paperwork for new vendors that External Affairs works with.
- Make travel arrangements.
- Order supplies and equipment.
- Assist with onboarding new hires and offboarding departing staff.
- Maintain procedure documentation.
- Other administrative tasks and projects as assigned.