PATH is the leader in global health innovation. An international nonprofit organization, we save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH’s Center of Digital and Data Excellence is dedicated to accelerating the digital transformation of global health and utilizing high quality data to further improve health outcomes. Our work spans the entire systems strengthening lifecycle from advancing global, regional and national digital health agendas to supporting the deployment and long term use of these systems.
PATH is currently recruiting a Program Assistant (PA) who will have a dual role supporting multiple programs.
The PA will support the Center of Digital and Data Excellence providing administrative support to projects in the Center, beginning with the Data Use Acceleration and Learning project. This project focuses on capturing lessons from five countries working towards digital transformation for data use in Africa.
The PA will also support the Early Childhood Action Network, a portfolio of projects that support the nurturing care agenda globally.
Support for Data Use Acceleration and Learning (DUAL) project (50%)
- Assist with coordinating the drafting, editing, and proofreading of a variety of documents including those intended for internal and external audiences.
- Assists with completion of administrative forms as required, including travel forms, check requests, meal conference forms, etc.
- Assist staff with administration of travel arrangements as needed.
- Schedule team meetings and meetings with other internal and external stakeholders. Including liaising with partners, making logistical arrangements, managing RSVPs, assist in generating meeting materials, taking notes, and highlighting action items.
- Provide knowledge management support, utilizing Smartsheet, Teams, and Box.
- Create and help manage workplans to track milestones and deliverables.
- Provide manuscript and abstract submission support. Including creating production calendars and ensuring submission deadlines are met.
The Early Childhood Development Action Network (50%)
- Backstop meetings, as required, by coordinating schedules, providing administrative support, moderating listservs, and assisting group leaders to fulfill their responsibilities
- Proofread reports, presentations, and other materials
- Organize Secretariat meetings and teleconferences; prepare agendas, draft minutes, troubleshoot audio/visual connections, and facilitate post-meeting follow-up.
- Support ECDAN proposal development
- Organize virtual conferences, workshops, meetings, and other events.
- Provide administrative support to the ECDAN Director including orientation to PATH systems and complex schedule coordination.
- Maintain ECDAN calendar and travel schedules
- Support the PADM in sub agreement and consultant agreement development and payment processing.
- Other items as required
The PA may also support the Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health and Nutrition as well as the Early Childhood development programs as needed.
Coordination with other program assistants.
- Collaborate with PATH Program Assistants to ensure smooth coordination of team schedule and project activities among the different offices.
- Perform other tasks as assigned, and in alignment with team priorities.
- Serve as back up to other Program Assistants.