**Please include a cover letter with your resume describing your interest in the position and how you meet the qualifications.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems.
PATH’s Advocacy and Public Policy (APP) department works to improve global health by increasing awareness and support of global health priorities and evidence-based policies among policymakers, coalitions and other influential individuals and groups.
PATH is a leader in adapting health innovations with and for women across systems, populations, and geographies. Principles of choice and equity guide all aspects of our sexual and reproductive health work. We advance strategies and shift social norms to improve the health and well-being of women starting in adolescence and continuing through the life course. A rights-based approach—informed by evidence and embedded in practical solutions—enables us to align products, technologies, information, and services with the diverse lived experiences. We know what is required to “make innovations work for women and girls”. Over the last four decades, PATH has developed products and approaches that place women at the center of their own health decisions.
PATH is currently recruiting a Program Assistant (PA) who will have a dual role supporting the Advocacy and Public Policy department and the Sexual and Reproductive Health program.
The Program Assistant will be based in Washington, DC, and will report to the APP Finance and Administration Manager, with matrixed supervision under the Director, Finance & Operations, Primary Health Care Program.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Schedule and support team meetings and meetings with other internal and external stakeholders across teams and projects. Including liaising with partners, making logistical arrangements, managing RSVPs, assisting in generating meeting materials, using audience engagement platforms like Mentimeter, taking notes, and highlighting action items. Utilizing video/teleconferences across time zones and audio/video communication technologies such as Zoom, Teams, and potentially others. May also be required to engage as a partner to other program assistants to ensure efficient coordination of leadership schedules, meetings, deliverables, etc.
- Provide event planning and logistical support, including scheduling workshops and other events, coordinating event-related logistics, organizing event-related materials, capturing attendee contact information, and drafting meeting notes and coordinating review, distribution, and filing.
- Provide knowledge management support, utilizing Teams, SharePoint, Box, OneNote, and Smartsheet and maintain and update these resources as needed.
- Collaborate with Program Assistants in other project geographies, and divisions and departments to maintain general department listservs, email distribution lists, electronic filing systems, and department calendars, and collaborate on general administrative support to maintain coordinated and organized team logistics.
- Coordinate periodic procurement of both services and supplies and work with PATH procurement and project administrators to manage vendors and suppliers.
- Conduct periodic maintenance of contacts in Salesforce CRM database to ensure we can efficiently pull up-to-date lists for events, emails, etc.
- Assist with information gathering and coordinating the drafting, editing, proofreading, and production of various documents, presentations and communications materials intended for internal and external audiences to ensure quality, and create production calendars and ensure submission deadlines are met.
- Provide back-up to other Program Assistants and to the External Affairs Executive Assistant with scheduling.
- Perform other tasks as assigned, and in alignment with team priorities.