Information and Technology Solutions (ITS) enables the WBG to achieve its mission of ending extreme poverty by 2030 and boosting shared prosperity in a sustainable manner by delivering transformative information and technologies to its staff working in over 130 client countries. ITS services range from: establishing the infrastructure to reach and connect staff and development stakeholders; providing the devices and agile technology and information applications to facilitate the science of delivery through decentralized services; creating and maintaining tools to integrate information across the World Bank Group, the clients we serve and the countries where we operate; and delivering the computing power staff need to analyze development challenges and identify solutions. The ITS business model combines dedicated business solutions centers that provide services tailored to specific World Bank Group business needs and shared services that provide infrastructure, applications and platforms for the entire Group. ITS is one of three VPUs that have been brought together as the World Bank Group Integrated Services (WBGIS), to provide enhanced corporate core services and enable the institution to operate as one strategic and coordinated entity.
The ITS Information Security and Risk Management (ITSSR) unit, headed by the Chief Information Security Officer (CISO), provides leadership in managing the functions and activities of information security and risk management, IT service continuity, sourcing and vendor management, and cloud transformation across the World Bank Group, enabling the achievement of WBG’s business objectives.
ITSSR is responsible for the following:
• Enable and facilitate a risk aware culture, ensures that WBG information assets are protected in an effective, efficient, and balanced manner;
• Establish and maintain the World Bank Group’s IT and information security policies and standards; develop and engineer the WBG’s information security plans and solutions; respond to security incidents;
• Ensure IT security and risk management efforts throughout the World Bank Group are coordinated and aligned to the Bank’s business and IT strategy, and managed in a consistent manner with the overall risk management approach and established risk appetite and tolerance;
• Drive transformational business performance, productivity, and cost efficiency through world class IT sourcing and vendor management practices to deliver world-class IT;
• Lead the WBG Cloud transformation to enable the business, promote agile IT delivery, and improve business resiliency;
Note: If the selected candidate is a current Bank Group staff member with a Regular or Open-Ended appointment, s/he will retain his/her Regular or Open-Ended appointment. All others will be offered a 4 year term appointment.
As part of his/her job responsibilities, the incumbent would be expected to:
– Independently and effectively manage workflow, and implement general office procedures and guidelines to ensure smooth workflow within the Office of Information Security;
– Serve as the unit focal point in the dissemination of information, compliance with administrative guidelines and adherence to business protocols. Suggest ways to enhance work organization and effectiveness. Exercise quality enhancement function for documents by ensuring adherence to departmental, ITS, and institutional guidelines
– As part of the Front Office, assist with orienting new members of the unit at all levels regarding the Bank’s administrative operations and work guidelines.
– Identify and resolve diverse issues/problems as they arise, which often requires interpretation of existing procedures and processes and independently determine the appropriate application to ensure effective cooperation in support of office needs;
– Schedule meetings, arrange for briefing materials, and help organize meetings, retreats or events as necessary;
– Be accountable for the smooth operation of the office support work; support, keep informed and work collaboratively with ITSSR, ITS staff, and others across the Bank.
– Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that relevant materials are ready for meetings, management decisions are properly carried out, deadlines are met. Monitor and follow up on issues and priorities of concern to the Senior Manager.
– Manage the WBDoc filing system, and act as LARS, and TRS coordinator.
– Undertake ad hoc inquiries in standard and non-standard databases, retrieve, manipulate
– Make travel arrangements for the ITSSR management team and others as required
– Proactively handle telephone inquiries and answer/redirect inquiries using good judgement.
• Positive work attitude and teamwork, willing to help colleagues even outside of prescribed responsibilities, ability to maintain a clear head under pressure, and ability to work under tight deadlines.
• Highly organized; does not let items fall through the cracks nor need to be reminded of tasks
• Self-starter, who pays attention to detail, is well organized and focused, and works with minimal supervision;
• Accepts new challenges and responsibilities to develop self, understand the big picture and benefit the corporation.
• Ability to function independently as well as in a team with a high degree of motivation, flexibility and reliability.
• Familiarity with WBG policies and procedures.
• Strong communications skills, both verbally in in writing letters, e-mail, and meeting minutes/summaries; strong overall interpersonal skills
• Fully fluent in English, both verbal and written
• Advanced working skills in multiple software applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)