The role of the Program Assistant is to assist in the implementation of m2m activities. The Program Assistant will be working closely with all Program Managers of the organisation, including Technical Assistance, Direct Service Delivery, Adolescent, Paediatric and IDPs to facilitate the smooth progress and completion of the program.
Key Performance Areas
- Manage development, finalisation, updating, and continuous review of project and country work plans.
- Develop, manage, and monitor project start-up plans
- Participate in team planning meetings and ensure that technical members allow enough time for adequate preparation of activities.
- Assist Program officers (Senior PMTCT) in updating the activities, as well as ensuring activities are implemented within schedule as much as possible
- Participate in weekly program support team meetings led by Senior PMTCT Advisor to review tasks, share workload across the team and facilitate planning
- Backstop country programmes to ensure they receive a full complement of operational and implementation support to ensure programme excellence and target achievement.
Documentation and report
- Develop reports, presentations, and other communications materials for projects
- Contribute to the development of concept notes and proposals.
- Manage country inputs, write donor reports for cross-cutting projects, copy edit, and support the development of other project reports.
- Document project successes, challenges, and lessons learned for internal and external dissemination.
- Initiate follow-up actions after regular cluster meetings and country-focused check-ins.
- Monitor award compliance in coordination with relevant program managers/ departments.
- Document and sharing best practices.
- Identify and document research needs
- Conduct small operational researches
Filing and other tasks
- Perform other duties as assigned by PMTCT Senior Technical Advisor
- Represent m2m with external stakeholders, where necessary
- In collaboration with the Programmatic team support the organization and management of site visits for donors, funders and other stakeholders.
- Draft letters as assigned
- Maintain file as directed by the Programs and Technical Support team