The scope of this job is to support the ANSI International Policy Department in the administration and implementation of ANSI’s international projects and development programs. This primarily includes supporting the implementation of current projects and development programs, and assisting in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities. In addition, the position will support the coordination of ANSI’s activities in the geographic regions of the Americas, Asia Pacific, and Europe. Internationally, this includes interfacing with regional standards organizations (e.g. COPANT, PASC, and European Standards Organizations), their national member bodies and respective governments and industry to represent the interests of the U.S. voluntary standardization community around the world.
- Supports the Senior Director, International Development and other International Policy staff in the administration and implementation of several international projects; including organization of workshops and other events, communication with ANSI members and potential participants, drafting of project reports and other deliverables, and other activities as needed.
- Contributes to the ANSI International Policy Department’s project management mechanisms, including project accounting, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Helps to ensure that ANSI’s international projects and development initiatives effectively communicate and promote U.S. policies and positions for standards and conformance.
- Supports the International Policy Department staff to recruit and engage private sector organizations and government officials in the U.S. and internationally in support of ANSI’s international projects.
- Supports the identification of new opportunities to gain government and private-sector funding to support international capacity building projects that advance U.S. objectives internationally, while increasing visibility and revenue growth for the Institute.
- Supports engagement with regional organizations for standards such as the Pacific Area Standards Congress (PASC) and the Pan American Standards Commission (COPANT), as well as engagement with European Standards Organizations.
- Monitors international and U.S. government trade and standardization policy activities and works to align them with ANSI policies.
- Implements ANSI policies and administrative decisions, and lends expertise to ANSI’s international policy development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and developments in the assigned program areas.
- Performs other duties and carries out special projects as necessary, including support for the Vice President, International Policy.
Information Security Responsibilities
- Attend/complete assigned information security training by the designated completion date.
- Read and adhere to published ISMS policies and procedures.
- Report timely any observed violations of ISMS policy – or known encroachments on information security – to your department leader and/or the Information Technology Department.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; further education a plus
- Two or more years of experience; preferably in the fields of international relations or international development
- Proficiency in French or Spanish language a plus
- International experience (either studying or working) strongly preferred, particularly in emerging economies
- Knowledge of and/or experience with international trade issues and policies a plus
- Knowledge of project management procedures and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and solid judgment when operating in highly political environments.
- Team player with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Position requires international travel.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, MS Mail/Exchange, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
ANSI provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment, and prohibits discrimination of any type because of race, gender identity or expression, color, national origin or ancestry, religion, creed, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, citizenship or authorized alien status, genetics, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other consideration protected by federal, state, or local laws. ANSI policy also prohibits unlawful discrimination based on the perception that anyone has any of those characteristics. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.