ANSI is in search of a diligent, collaborative Program Administrator to support the ANSI International Policy Department in the administration and implementation of ANSI’s international projects and development programs, as well as regional and bilateral engagement, in concert with ANSI’s international policy objectives while increasing ANSI’s visibility, impact and revenue generation opportunities. This primarily includes supporting the implementation of current contracts, and assisting in the identification and pursuit of new opportunities. The position requires travel, primarily to developing and emerging economies.
- Supports the Senior Director, International Development and other International Policy staff in the administration and implementation of several international projects; especially including tasks such as:
- Planning, logistics, and execution of overseas workshops and other events,
- Communication with ANSI members and potential participants to develop meeting agendas and coordinate logistics,
- Maintain activity budgets and timeline,
- Drafting of project reports and other deliverables, and other activities as needed.
- Contributes to the ANSI International Policy Department’s project management mechanisms, including document management, project accounting, schedules, budgets, etc.
- Helps to ensure that ANSI’s international projects and development initiatives effectively communicate and promote U.S. policies and positions for standards and conformity assessment.
- Supports the International Policy Department staff to recruit and engage private sector organizations and government officials in the U.S. and internationally in support of ANSI’s international projects.
- Supports the identification of new opportunities to gain government and private-sector funding to support international capacity building projects that advance U.S. objectives internationally, while increasing visibility and revenue growth for the Institute.
- Monitors international and U.S. government trade and standardization policy activities and works to align them with ANSI policies.
- Implements ANSI policies and administrative decisions, and lends expertise to ANSI’s international policy development.
- Keeps supervisor informed of activities and developments in the assigned program areas.
- Performs other duties and carries out special projects as necessary, including support for the Vice President, International Policy.
Education and Training
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required; further education a plus
- Language skills other than English language a plus, especially French
Skills and Experience
- Two or more years of experience; preferably in the fields of international relations or international development
- International experience (either studying or working) strongly preferred
- Knowledge of and/or experience with international trade issues and policies a plus
- Knowledge of project management procedures and tools.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must possess outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion and solid judgment when operating in highly political environments.
- Team player with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Position requires international travel.
- Proficiency in MS Office including Word, MS Mail/Exchange, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.