Egypt Economic Governance Activity
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Description: DAI seeks a Procurement Officer for the recently awarded Egypt Economic Governance Activity (EGA). EGA will work with USAID/Egypt and the Government of Egypt to support the country’s investment climate by strengthening inclusive governance and supporting the Government’s structural reform program. This exciting cross-sector engagement will support Egypt’s economic and good governance reforms by supporting the reform process, building the capacity in public administration, including rolling out anticorruption training across the government at all levels of the civil service, and improving local service delivery, with an emphasis on innovative e-governance.
Role’s Purpose: The Procurement Officer manages the full-cycle procurement processes for all project goods and services and ensures that procurement processes are handled competitively and comply with USAID and DAI policies. The Procurement Officer will report to the Finance and Operations Director.
- Develop acquisition plans and present to Senior Management on a regular basis
- Monitor and track procurement activities and delivery status of goods/services
- Ensure complete backup documentation for procurements is submitted to activity’s Finance Team for payment
- Perform regular spot audits of procurement files to ensure completeness, accuracy, and compliance
- Assist and collaborate in external or internal audits, as necessary
Policies & Procedures
- Ensure integrity, fairness, accuracy, and openness in procurement processes
- Ensure DAI/USAID and FAR policies, and procedures are followed and enforced
- Help activity staff become more familiar, and understand, DAI procurement policies and procedures.
Procurement Management Systems
- Consistent usage of DAI’s operations & procurement systems (TAMIS) in managing procurement processes
- Maintain electronic procurement records & files in required DAI’s systems
- Train other DAI staff in the use of procurement systems, as necessary
- Review, negotiate, modify subcontract agreements issued by DAI’s activity
- Manage subcontracts invoice verification and approval process as required by DAI policies.
General Acquisition & Procurement Responsibilities
- Manage procurement of a wide range of goods, commodities, and services through subcontracts, blanket purchase agreements, and purchase orders
- Oversee solicitation of bids and quotes from vendors in adherence with policies & approved requisitions and procurement plans
- Conduct price/cost/reasonability analyses
- Review requisition documentation, cost estimates, statements of work, etc. against procurement plans and budgets
- Help non-procurement staff understand the requirements for submitting accurate and thorough requisitions, cost estimates, statements of work, or to determine other technical specifications
- Determine source selection methods for complex procurements to ensure compliance
- Serve as a non-voting chairperson on evaluation committees in accordance with DAI policies/procedures and thresholds
- Assist activity staff in coordinating meetings, facilitating discussions, and developing briefings in support of the source selection process
- Review and analyze budget estimates for allowability, allocability, reasonableness, and consistency; prepare cost evaluation data, and source selection documentation
- Through market research efforts, identify and qualify potential suppliers (and products/services)
- Ensure that beneficial, ethical, and open supplier relationships are created and maintained according to procurement policies
- Work closely with various Home Office support staff as necessary
- University degree in relevant field required; master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of relevant experience on USAID-funded activities
- Computer literate with email, word processing, and spreadsheet experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Fluency in English is required
- Knowledge of USG and FAR regulations and procurement and acquisition aspects of USAID-funded activities
Qualified candidates should send their CV and cover letter to EgyptEconomicGovernance@dai.com or via the DAI website. Only short-listed candidates will receive notice requesting additional information.