Chemonics seeks a procurement officer to support the Partnership Fund for a Resilient Ukraine (PFRU) programme. PFRU is a multi-year programme of the Government of Ukraine and five joint financing partners which aims to strengthen Ukraine’s resilience and mitigate against destabilising influences in eastern and southern Ukraine. The procurement officer will provide procurement and logistics support to the regional programme office in Kramatorsk for the government-controlled areas of Donetsk and Luhansk in accordance with the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO) and ISD rules and regulations. This is a long-term position through the life of the programme, slated to end in March 2024. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Respond in a timely manner to procurement requests as approved by the regional director
- Work directly with local and regional vendors and service providers to obtain quotations and/or initiate procurements of requested commodities and services, drafting Requests for Quotations/Requests for Proposals for goods and services
- Draft and manage blanket purchase agreements, contracts, and purchase orders to vendors, and follow up as necessary to ensure compliance with FCDO terms and conditions
- Complete market research as requested by project staff for activities/grants budget purposes
- Provide oversight of inventory of regional office supplies and equipment
- Organize and oversee evaluation committees for trade-off procurements
- Maintain the overall integrity of the procurement filing system by ensuring that appropriate documentation is included in each procurement file
- Assist in developing procurement-related approval documentation for submission to project donor as needed
- Provide procurement status reports and inventory summaries in coordination with regional director and deputy team lead of finance and operations
- Oversee inspection of procured goods with travel to procurement sites as needed
- Maintain an updated procurement plan and share with regional director and other staff as needed
- Manage regional programme logistics, including hotel arrangements, domestic flights or ground transportation, and shipping
- Bachelors’ degree in a relevant field is preferred, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience in procurement and operations
- Ability to work in a professional and cordial manner with fellow staff members, visitors, partner institutions including international and local NGOs, governmental entities, support organizations and the general public
- Familiarity with FCDO and/or UK government rules and regulations related to procurement and inventory is preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, to prioritize multiple work assignments in an extremely fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines and to exercise professional judgment that reflects positively on the team
- Strong organisational and work prioritisation skills
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility and integrity
- Fluency in Ukrainian and English is required, Russian language also an advantage
Please send an email with your CV and cover letter attached with “Procurement Officer – South” in the subject line to PFRU-Recruit@chemonics.com by January 28, 2022. No telephone inquiries please. Chemonics will contact finalists.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors. Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.